Understanding Mutual Fund and Hedge Fund Styles Using Return Based Style Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arik Ben Dor & Ravi Jagannathan & Iwan Meier, 2005. "Understanding Mutual Fund And Hedge Fund Styles Using Return-Based Style Analysis," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The World Of Hedge Funds Characteristics and Analysis, chapter 4, pages 63-108 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
References listed on IDEAS
- Grinblatt, Mark & Titman, Sheridan D, 1989.
"Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 393-416, July.
- Mark Grinblatt & Sheridan Titman, "undated". "Mutual Fund Performance: An Analysis of Quarterly Portfolio Holdings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 23-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 1999. "A primer on hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-331, September.
- Jennifer Lynch Koski & Jeffrey Pontiff, 1999.
"How Are Derivatives Used? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 791-816, April.
- Jennifer Koski & Jeffrey Pontiff, 1996. "How Are Derivatives Used? Evidence from the Mutual Fund Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-27, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dybvig, Philip H & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. " Differential Information and Performance Measurement Using a Security Market Line," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(2), pages 383-399, June.
- Glosten, L. R. & Jagannathan, R., 1994.
"A contingent claim approach to performance evaluation,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-160, January.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan, 1993. "A contingent claim approach to performance evaluation," Staff Report 159, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Merton, Robert C, 1981. "On Market Timing and Investment Performance. I. An Equilibrium Theory of Value for Market Forecasts," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 363-406, July.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Liang, Bing, 2000. "Hedge Funds: The Living and the Dead," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 309-326, September.
- Jagannathan, Ravi & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1986. "Assessing the Market Timing Performance of Managed Portfolios," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 217-235, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duarte, Jefferson & Longstaff, Francis A. & Yu, Fan, 2005. "Risk and Return in Fixed Income Arbitage: Nickels in Front of a Steamroller?," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6zx6m7fp, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Li, Haitao & Xu, Yuewu & Zhang, Xiaoyan, 2010. "Evaluating asset pricing models using the second Hansen-Jagannathan distance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 279-301, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Alexey Malakhov & Dmitry Novikov, 2010.
"Do Hot Hands Exist among Hedge Fund Managers? An Empirical Evaluation,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(1), pages 217-255, February.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Alexey Malakhov & Dmitry Novikov, 2006. "Do Hot Hands Exist Among Hedge Fund Managers? An Empirical Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 12015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Faff & Annette Nguyen & Bonnie H.I. Ip & Philip Gharghori, 2012. "Return-based Style Analysis in Australian Funds," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 16(3-4), pages 155-188, September.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-19 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .