Interpreting the Tariff-Growth Correlation of the Late Nineteenth Century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Estevadeordal, Antoni, 1997. "Measuring protection in the early twentieth century," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 89-125, April.
- Morris, Cynthia Taft & Adelman, Irma, 1989. "Nineteenth-century development experience and lessons for today," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1417-1432, September.
- O'Rourke, Kevin H, 2000. "Tariffs and Growth in the Late 19th Century," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 456-483, April.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1997.
"Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1997. "Trade Policy and Economic Development: How We Learn," NBER Working Papers 5896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Irwin, Douglas A., 1993. "Free Trade and Protection in Nineteenth-Century Britain and France Revisited: A Comment on Nye," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(01), pages 146-152, March.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2001.
"Tariffs and Growth in Late Nineteenth Century America,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Douglas A. Irwin, 2000. "Tariffs and Growth in Late Nineteenth Century America," NBER Working Papers 7639, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-02-10 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.