Testing Parental Altruism: Implications of a Dynamic Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davies, James B, 1981. "Uncertain Lifetime, Consumption, and Dissaving in Retirement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 561-577, June.
- Cox, Donald & Rank, Mark R, 1992. "Inter-vivos Transfers and Intergenerational Exchange," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 305-314, May.
- Behrman, Jere R & Pollak, Robert A & Taubman, Paul, 1982. "Parental Preferences and Provision for Progeny," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(1), pages 52-73, February.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1994. "Parental and Public Transfers to Young Women and Their Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1195-1212, December.
- Donald Cox, 1990. "Intergenerational Transfers and Liquidity Constraints," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 187-217.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jensen, Robert T., 2004. "Do private transfers 'displace' the benefits of public transfers? Evidence from South Africa," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1-2), pages 89-112, January.
- Cox, Daniel, 2002.
"Private inter-household transfers in Vietnam in the early and late 1990s,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2853, The World Bank.
- Donald Cox, 2002. "Private Inter-household Transfers in Vietnam in the Early and Late 1990s," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 524, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2017.
"A normative justification of compulsory education,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 30(2), pages 537-567, April.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2013. "A Normative Justification of Compulsory Education," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_18.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Alessandro Balestrino & Lisa Grazzini & Annalisa Luporini, 2015. "A Normative Justification of Compulsory Education," CESifo Working Paper Series 5255, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Hochguertel & Henry Ohlsson, 2009. "Compensatory inter vivos gifts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(6), pages 993-1023.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Yuping Tsai, 2014.
"The Effect of Social Entitlement Programmes on Private Transfers: New Evidence of Crowding Out,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 721-746, October.
- Kristopher S. Gerardi & Yuping Tsai, 2010. "The effect of social entitlement programs on private transfers: new evidence of crowding out," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2010-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Elin Halvorsen & Thor O. Thoresen, 2011.
"Parents' Desire to Make Equal Inter Vivos Transfers,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 57(1), pages 121-155, March.
- Elin Halvorsen & Thor Olav Thoresen, 2008. "Parents' Desire to Make Equal Inter Vivos Transfers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2468, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ana Fernandes, 2011. "Altruism, labor supply and redistributive neutrality," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1443-1469, October.
- Charlene Kalenkoski, 2008.
"Parent-child bargaining, parental transfers, and the post-secondary education decision,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 413-436.
- Charlene M Kalenkoski, 2002. "Parent-Child Bargaining, Parental Transfers, and the Postsecondary Education Decision," Working Papers 02-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- McGarry, Kathleen, 2016. "Dynamic aspects of family transfers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 1-13.
- Horrace, William C. & Oaxaca, Ronald L., 2006. "Results on the bias and inconsistency of ordinary least squares for the linear probability model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 321-327, March.
- Ernesto Villanueva, 2001.
"Parental altruism under imperfect information: Theory and evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
566, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 2002.
- Ernesto Villanueva, 2003. "Parental altruism under imperfect information: theory and evidence," Working Papers 19, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Ernesto Villanueva, 2002. "Parental altruism under imperfect information: Theory and evidence," Economics Working Papers 650, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Joern Rattsoe & Rune J. Soerensen, 2009. "Grey power and public budgets: Family altruism helps children, but not elderly," Working Paper Series 10009, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2004.
"Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1669-1681, December.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2003. "Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests," Working Papers 03-01, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Audrey Light & Kathleen McGarry, 2003. "Why Parents Play Favorites: Explanations for Unequal Bequests," NBER Working Papers 9745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cep:sticas:/151 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2014. "Family attention care and transfers," MPRA Paper 57897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rattsø, Jørn & Sørensen, Rune J., 2010. "Grey power and public budgets: Family altruism helps children, but not the elderly," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 222-234, June.
- Sumon K. Bhaumik, 2001. "Intergenerational transfers: the ignored role of time," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-008, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Mordechai E. Schwarz, 2006. "Intergenerational Transfers: An Integrative Approach," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(1), pages 61-93, January.
- William G. Gale & Joel B. Slemrod, 2001. "Rethinking the Estate and Gift Tax: Overview," NBER Working Papers 8205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cornille, David & Rycx, François & Tojerow, Ilan, 2017. "The employment consequences of SMEs’ credit constraints in the wake of the Great Recession," Working Paper Series 2117, European Central Bank.
- Lina Walker, 2004. "Elderly Households and Housing Wealth: Do They Use It or Lose It?," Working Papers wp070, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Paul Glewwe & Nisha Agrawal & David Dollar, 2004. "Economic Growth, Poverty, and Household Welfare in Vietnam," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15010.
- Karagiannaki, Eleni, 2011. "The magnitude and correlates of inter-vivos transfers in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 43898, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .