Lessons from the East Asian NICs: A Contrarian View
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Prakash Loungani & Mark R. Stone, 1998. "The East Asian Crisis; Macroeconomic Developments and Policy Lessons," IMF Working Papers 98/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1997. "The 'paradoxes' of the successful state," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 411-442, April.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1995.
"The Open Door Policy and China's Rapid Growth: Evidence from City-Level Data,"
NBER Chapters, in: Growth Theories in Light of the East Asian Experience, pages 73-104,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1993. "Open Door Policy and China's Rapid Growth: Evidence from City-level Data," NBER Working Papers 4602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1993. "Open door policy and China's rapid growth: evidence from city-level data," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-09, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 1993.
- J. David Richardson & Pamela J. Smith, 1995. "Sectoral Growth Across U.S. States: Factor Content, Linkages, and Trade," NBER Working Papers 5094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan M. Taylor, 1996. "On the Costs of Inward-Looking Development: Historical Perspectives on Price Distortions, Growth, and Divergence in Latin American from 1930s - 1980s," NBER Working Papers 5432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus & Serven, Luis & Solimano, Andres, 1994. "Saving, investment, and growth in developing countries : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1382, The World Bank.
- Boggio, Luciano, 1996. "Growth and international competitiveness in a 'Kaldorian' perspective," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 299-320, September.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995.
"Trade Strategy, Investment and Exports: Another Look at East Asia,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1305, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dani Rodrik, 1995. "Trade Strategy, Investment, and Exports: Another Look at East Asia," NBER Working Papers 5339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Burger, 2014. "Facing the Conundrum: How Useful Is the “Developmental State” Concept in South Africa?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(2), pages 159-180, June.
- Alan M. Taylor, 1995. "Growth and Convergence in the Asia-Pacific Region: On the Role of Openness, Trade and Migration," NBER Working Papers 5276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jun, Zhang, 2003. "Investment, investment efficiency, and economic growth in China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 713-734, October.
- Dani Rodrik, 1994. "Getting Interventions Right: How South Korea and Taiwan Grew Rich," NBER Working Papers 4964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wim Suyker, 2006. "Nuancing the favourable assessments of the Nordic economies," CPB Memorandum 153.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Pugno, Maurizio, 1996. "A Kaldorian model of economic growth with labour shortage and major technical changes," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 429-449, December.
- Li, Kui-Wai, 2009. "China's total factor productivity estimates by region, investment sources and ownership," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 213-230, September.
More about this item
- E - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4482. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.