Open door policy and China's rapid growth: evidence from city-level data
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1993. "Open Door Policy and China's Rapid Growth: Evidence from City-level Data," NBER Working Papers 4602, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 531-555.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 369-405.
- Backus, David K. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & Kehoe, Timothy J., 1992. "In search of scale effects in trade and growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 377-409, December.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Alwyn Young, 1991. "Learning by Doing and the Dynamic Effects of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 3577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wu, Yi, 2001.
"Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from within China,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Yi Wu, 2001. "Globalization and Inequality: Evidence from Within China," NBER Working Papers 8611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fleisher, Belton M. & Chen, Jian, 1997. "The Coast-Noncoast Income Gap, Productivity, and Regional Economic Policy in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 220-236, October.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey through Revolution, Reform and Openness,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "Fifty Years Of Regional Inequality In China: A Journey Through Revolution, Reform And Openness," Working Papers 7236, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Juann H. Hung, 2008. "China's Approach to Capital Flows Since 1978: Working Paper 2008-02," Working Papers 19565, Congressional Budget Office.
- Hong Li & Zinan Liu & Ivonia Rebelo, 1998. "Testing the Neoclassical Theory of Economic Growth: Evidence from Chinese Provinces," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 117-132, May.
- Hübler, Michael, 2011. "Technology diffusion under contraction and convergence: A CGE analysis of China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 131-142, January.
- Sylvie Démurger & Claude Jessua, 1996. "Ouverture et croissance industrielle des villes chinoises," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 841-850.
- Palakiyem Kpemoua, 2016.
"Exports And Economic Growth In Togo
[Exportations Et Croissance Economique Au Togo]," Working Papers halshs-01332738, HAL.
- Simon Alder & Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2012.
"The Effect of Economic Reform and Industrial Policy in a Panel of Chinese Cities,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c017_061, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti & Simon Alder, 2013. "The Effect of Economic Reform and Industrial Policy in a Panel of Chinese Cities," 2013 Meeting Papers 1309, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Shahid Yusuf & Kaoru Nabeshima, 2009. "Growth through Innovation : An Industrial Strategy for Shanghai," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18613, The World Bank.
- Yu, Kang & Xin, Xian & Guo, Ping & Liu, Xiaoyun, 2011. "Foreign direct investment and China's regional income inequality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1348-1353, May.
- Su, Yaqin & Liu, Zhiqiang, 2016. "The impact of foreign direct investment and human capital on economic growth: Evidence from Chinese cities," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 97-109.
- Simon Alder & Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2016.
"Economic reforms and industrial policy in a panel of Chinese cities,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 305-349, December.
- Alder, Simon & Shao, Lin & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2013. "Economic Reforms and Industrial Policy in a Panel of Chinese Cities," CEPR Discussion Papers 9748, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon Alder & Lin Shao & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2013. "Economic reforms and industrial policy in a panel of Chinese cities," UBSCENTER - Working Papers 005, UBS International Center of Economics in Society - Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1998. "Regional adjustment to trade liberalization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Gerald Epstein & Elissa Braunstein, 2002.
"Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?,"
wp45, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Elissa Braunstein & Gerald Epstein, 2002. "Bargaining Power and Foreign Direct Investment in China: Can 1.3 Billion Consumers Tame the Multinationals?," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2002-13, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Karen Fisher-Vanden & Rebecca Terry, 2009. "Is technology acquisition enough to improve China's product quality? Evidence from firm-level panel data," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 21-38.
- WHALLEY, John & XIN, Xian, 2010.
"China's FDI and non-FDI economies and the sustainability of future high Chinese growth,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 123-135, March.
- John Whalley & Xian Xin, 2006. "China's FDI and Non-FDI Economies and the Sustainability of Future High Chinese Growth," NBER Working Papers 12249, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sylvie DEMURGER, 1996. "On the Role of Openness in the Chinese Industrial Growth Process - A city-level assessment," Working Papers 199604, CERDI.
- Edward M. Graham & Erika Wada, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Effects on Growth and Economic Performance," Working Paper Series WP01-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsChina ; Economic development;
- F00 - International Economics - - General - - - General
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfpb:93-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpfsfus.html .