Managing Catastrophic Risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McClelland, Gary H & Schulze, William D & Coursey, Don L, 1993. "Insurance for Low-Probability Hazards: A Bimodal Response to Unlikely Events," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 95-116, August.
- Erwann Michel-Kerjan & Ivan Zelenko & Victor Cardenas & Daniel Turgel, 2011. "Catastrophe Financing for Governments: Learning from the 2009-2012 MultiCat Program in Mexico," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 9, OECD Publishing.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Erwann Michel-Kerjan & Frederic Morlaye, 2008. "Extreme Events, Global Warming, and Insurance-Linked Securities: How to Trigger the “Tipping Point”," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 33(1), pages 153-176, January.
- Colin F. Camerer & Howard Kunreuther, 1989. "Decision processes for low probability events: Policy implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 565-592.
- Howard Kunreuther & Erwann Michel-Kerjan, 2004.
"Policy Watch: Challenges for Terrorism Risk Insurance in the United States,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 201-214, Fall.
- Howard Kunreuther & Erwann Michel-Kerjan, 2004. "Policy Watch: Challenges for Terrorism Risk Insurance in the United States," NBER Working Papers 10870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2012-06-25 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2012-06-25 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.