The Gold Standard and the Bank of England in the Crisis of 1847
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1984. "The Gold Standard and the Bank of England in the Crisis of 1847," NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Classical Gold Standard, 1821-1931, pages 233-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hicks, John, 1977. "Economic Perspectives: Further Essays on Money and Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284079.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, October.
- Tooke, Thomas, 1844. "An Inquiry into the Currency Principle," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number tooke1844.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bordo, Michael D., 1986.
"Explorations in monetary history: A survey of the literature,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 339-415, October.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1986. "Explorations in Monetary History: A Survey of the Literature," NBER Working Papers 1821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2012.
"The origins of foreign exchange policy: the National Bank of Belgium and the quest for monetary independence in the 1850s,"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 51-73, February.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2010. "The Origins of Foreign Exchange Policy: The National Bank of Belgium and the Quest for Monetary Independence in the 1850s," Working Paper 2010/22, Norges Bank.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2012. "The origins of foreign exchange policy: the National Bank of Belgium and the quest for monetary independence in the 1850s," Post-Print hal-01293694, HAL.
- Willem H. Buiter & Jonathan Eaton, 1982. "On the Adequacy or Inadequacy of Keynesian Balance-of-Payments Theory: A Rejoinder," NBER Working Papers 1032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Berlemann & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2003.
"Lending of First Versus Lending of Last Resort: The Bulgarian Financial Crisis of 1996/1997,"
- Berlemann, Michael & Nenovsky, Nikolay, 2003. "Lending of first versus lending of last resort: The Bulgarian financial crisis of 1996/1997," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/03, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- M. Berlemann & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2004. "Lending of First versus Lending of Last Resort: The Bulgarian Financial Crisis of 1996/1997," Post-Print halshs-00259740, HAL.
- Jérôme Sgard, 1998. "Inflation, stabilisation et prix relatifs en Argentine et au Brésil : l'expérience des années quatre-vingt-dix," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 49(1), pages 239-256.
- Kilian Rieder & Michael Anson & David Bholat & Miao Kang & Ryland Thomas, 2018. "Frosted glass or raised eyebrow? Testing the Bank of England’s discount window policies during the crisis of 1847," Working Papers 18020, Economic History Society.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1998. "The financial crisis of 1825 and the restructuring of the British financial system - commentary," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 77-82.
- Alberto Giovannini, 1993. "Bretton Woods and Its Precursors: Rules versus Discretion in the History of International Monetary Regimes," NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 109-154 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Giovannini, 1992. "Bretton Woods and Its Precursors: Rules Versus Discretion in the History of International Monetary Regimes," NBER Working Papers 4001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miller, Victoria, 1996. "Speculative currency attacks with endogenously induced commercial bank crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 383-403, June.
- della Paolera, Gerardo & Taylor, Alan M., 2002. "Internal versus external convertibility and emerging-market crises: lessons from Argentine history," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 357-389, October.
- Jérôme Sgard, 1998. "Inflation, stabilisation et prix relatifs en Argentine et au Brésil: L'expérience des années quatre-vingt-dix," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6982, Sciences Po.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Eric Vanhaute & Richard Paping, 2006. "The European subsistence crisis of 1845-1850 : a comparative perspective," Working Papers 200609, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.