The Relevance of Malthus for the Study of Mortality Today: Long-Run Influences on Health, Mortality, Labor Force Participation, and Population Growth
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Wallace Huffman, 2010.
"Binge drinking and labor market success: a longitudinal study on young people,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 303-322, January.
- Shao-Hsun Keng & Wallace Huffman, 2007. "Binge drinking and labor market success: a longitudinal study on young people," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 20(1), pages 35-54, February.
- Keng, Shao-Hsun & Huffman, Wallace, 2005. "Binge Drinking and Labor Market Success: A Longitudinal Study on Young People," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12299, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- F. Portrait & R. Alessie & D. Deeg, 2008. "Do early life and contemporaneous macro-conditions explain health at older ages? An application to functional limitations of Dutch older individuals," Working Papers 08-11, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1998.
"Convergence clubs and subsistence economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 155-171, February.
- Ben-David,D., 1995. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," Papers 43-95, Tel Aviv.
- Dan Ben-David, 1997. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," NBER Working Papers 6267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1997. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1745, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ulimwengu, John M., 2009. "Farmers' health status, agricultural efficiency, and poverty in rural Ethiopia: A stochastic production frontier approach," IFPRI discussion papers 868, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alejandro de la Fuente, 2007. "Climate Shocks and their Impact on Assets," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2007-23, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "Economic Growth and the Demographic Transition," NBER Working Papers 8685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mayer, David, 2000. "On the Role of Health in the Economic and Demographic Dynamics of Brazil, 1980-1995," Arbetsrapport 2000:4, Institute for Futures Studies.
- France Portrait & Rob Alessie & Dorly Deeg, 2010.
"Do early life and contemporaneous macroconditions explain health at older ages?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 617-642, March.
- France Portrait & Rob Alessie & Dorly Deeg, 0000. "Do Early Life and Contemporaneous Macro-conditions explain Health at Older Ages?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-051/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gu, Danan & Zhang, Zhenmei & Zeng, Yi, 2009. "Access to healthcare services makes a difference in healthy longevity among older Chinese adults," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 210-219, January.
- Bruckner, Tim A. & Catalano, Ralph A., 2009. "Infant mortality and diminished entelechy in three European countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1617-1624, May.
- Gong, Liutang & Li, Hongyi & Wang, Dihai, 2012. "Health investment, physical capital accumulation, and economic growth," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1104-1119.
- Liutang Gong & Hongyi Li & Dihai Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2010. "Health, Taxes, and Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 11(1), pages 73-94, May.
- Campbell, Cameron D. & Lee, James Z., 2009. "Long-term mortality consequences of childhood family context in Liaoning, China, 1749-1909," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1641-1648, May.
- Dihai Wang & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "The Fogel Approach to Health and Growth," CEMA Working Papers 520, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberhi:0054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.