A Test of New Aggregate Damand Curvature Properties
In This Paper We Present and Implement an Econometric Test of Both Negative Semi-Definiteness of the Matrix of Compensated Price Effects and of the Negative Quasi-Definiteness of the Matrix of Uncompensated Price Effects. This Test Allows Us to Evaluate Two Alternative Characterizations of Aggregate Demand Systems: the First, That They Behave Like Individual Demand Fuctions, and the Second, That They Respect the Properties Implied by the Assumptions Proposed by Hidebrand (1983) Or Grandmont (1984).
|Date of creation:||1988|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- W. Erwin Diewert & T.J. Wales, 1989.
"Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0040, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diewert, Walter E & Wales, Terence J, 1987. "Flexible Functional Forms and Global Curvature Conditions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 43-68, January.
- Sonnenschein, Hugo, 1972. "Market Excess Demand Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 549-63, May.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1987. "A Parametric Test of the Negativity of the Substitution Matrix," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(3), pages 227-35, July.
- Bronsard, Camille & Salvas-Bronsard, Lise, 1986. "Commodity and Asset Demands with and without Quantity Constraints in the Labour Market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(2), pages 185-208, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtl:montde:8801. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.