Expansion of Brownian Motion Functionals and Its Application in Econometric Estimation
Two types of Brownian motion functionals, both time-homogeneous and time-inhomogeneous, are expanded in terms of orthonormal bases in respective Hilbert spaces. Meanwhile, different time horizons are treated from the applicability point of view. Moreover, the degrees of approximation of truncation series to the corresponding series are established. An asymptotic theory is established. Both the proposed expansions and asymptotic theory are applied to establish consistent estimators in a class of time series econometric models.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 11E, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia|
Phone: +61 3 99052489
Fax: +61 3 99055474
Web page: http://business.monash.edu/econometrics-and-business-statistics
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://business.monash.edu/econometrics-and-business-statistics Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009.
"Local Limit Theory And Spurious Nonparametric Regression,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(06), pages 1466-1497, December.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 2008. "Local Limit Theory and Spurious Nonparametric Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1654, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lars Peter Hansen & Thomas J. Sargent, 1981.
"The dimensionality of the aliasing problem in models with rational spectral densities,"
72, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J, 1983. "The Dimensionality of the Aliasing Problem in Models with Rational Spectral Densities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 377-87, March.
- Wolfgang Hardle & Helmut Herwartz & Vladimir Spokoiny, 2003.
"Time Inhomogeneous Multiple Volatility Modeling,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 1(1), pages 55-95.
- Härdle, Wolfgang & Herwartz, Helmut & Spokoiny, Vladimir G., 2001. "Time inhomogeneous multiple volatility modelling," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,7, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Wolfgang Haerdle & Helmut Herwartz & Volodia Spokoiny, 2000. "Time Inhomogeneous Multiple Volatility Modelling," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1429, Econometric Society.
- Federico M. Bandi & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2005.
"A Simple Approach to the Parametric Estimation of Potentially Nonstationary Diffusions,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1522, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bandi, Federico M. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2007. "A simple approach to the parametric estimation of potentially nonstationary diffusions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 354-395, April.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998.
"Asymptotics for Nonlinear Transformations of Integrated Time Series,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1182, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Park, Joon Y. & Phillips, Peter C.B., 1999. "Asymptotics For Nonlinear Transformations Of Integrated Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(03), pages 269-298, June.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Joon Y. Park, 1998. "Nonstationary Density Estimation and Kernel Autoregression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1181, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Xiao, Zhijie, 2009. "Functional-coefficient cointegration models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 152(2), pages 81-92, October.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Cai, Zongwu & Li, Qi & Park, Joon Y., 2009. "Functional-coefficient models for nonstationary time series data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(2), pages 101-113, February.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355, 06-2016.
- Jiti Gao & Peter C. B. Phillips, 2010. "Semiparametric Estimation in Simultaneous Equations of Time Series Models," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-26, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Phillips, P. C. B., 1973. "The problem of identification in finite parameter continuous time models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 351-362, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2011-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.