Negishi on Edgeworth on Jevons’s law of indifference, Walras’s equilibrium, and the role of large numbers: a critical assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Franco Donzelli, 2007. "Equilibrium and Tâtonnement in Walras's Eléments," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 15(3), pages 85-138.
- Nicholas Kaldor, 1934. "A Classificatory Note on the Determinateness of Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 122-136.
- Allan M. Feldman, 1973. "Bilateral Trading Processes, Pairwise Optimally, and Pareto Optimality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 463-473.
- Hicks, John, 2017. "A Market Theory of Money," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198796237.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Franco DONZELLI, 2011. "The law of indifference, equilibrium, and equilibration in Jevons, Walras, Edgeworth, and Negishi," Departmental Working Papers 2011-11, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Franco DONZELLI, 2009. "Edgeworth vs. Walras on equilibrium and disequilibrium," Departmental Working Papers 2009-47, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Franco DONZELLI, 2010. "Hicks on Walrasian equilibrium in the 1930s and beyond," Departmental Working Papers 2010-39, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- De Vroey Michel & Duarte Pedro Garcia, 2013.
"In search of lost time: the neoclassical synthesis,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Michel De Vroey & Pedro Garcia Duarte, 2012. "In Search of Lost Time: The Neoclassical Synthesis," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2012_07, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Michel DE VROEY & Pedro GARCIA DUARTE, 2012. "In Search Of Lost Time: The Neoclassical Synthesis," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2012026, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Pedro Garcia Duarte & Michel De Vroey, 2014. "In Search Of Lost Time: The Neoclassicalsynthesis," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 005, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Fausto, Cavalli, 2016. "A cobweb model with alternating demand and supply functions," Working Papers 325, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 07 Feb 2016.
- Tamara Todorova, 2004. "The Firm in the Context of the Theory of Transaction Costs," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 55-74.
- Jackie Krafft & Isabelle Nicolaï, 1995.
"Commitment Procedures In R&D Investments : An Examination Of Different Varieties,"
- Jackie Krafft & Isabelle Nicolai, 1995. "Commitment procedures in R&D investments: an examination of different varieties," Post-Print hal-00202991, HAL.
- Claudio Sardoni, 2015. "The functions of money and the demand for liquidity," Working Papers 3/15, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Thompson, G. F., 1998. "Encountering economics and accounting: some skirmishes and engagements," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 283-323, April.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Francesco Saraceno, 2012.
"Production Process Heterogeneity, Time to Build, and Macroeconomic Performance,"
Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(5), pages 263-294.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "Production process heterogeneity, time to build, and macroeconomic performance," Post-Print hal-01053563, HAL.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "Production process heterogeneity, time to build, and macroeconomic performance," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/53r60a8s3ku, Sciences Po.
- Mario Amendola & Jean-Luc Gaffard & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "Production Process Heterogeneity, Time to Build, and Macroeconomic Performance," Post-Print halshs-00931235, HAL.
- Giocoli, Nicola, 2003. "Structural change and 'new facts' in Pantaleoni's non-equilibrium dynamics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 213-236, June.
- Shouyong Shi, 2006. "Viewpoint: A microfoundation of monetary economics," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(3), pages 643-688, August.
- Shurojit Chatterji & Sayantan Ghosal, 2012. "Contracting over Prices," Working Papers 36-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Sjur Didrik Flåm, 2013. "Reaching Market Equilibrium Merely by Bilateral Barters," CESifo Working Paper Series 4504, CESifo.
- Crockett, Sean & Spear, Stephen & Sunder, Shyam, 2008. "Learning competitive equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 651-671, July.
- Robert T. Jensen, 2010. "Information, efficiency, and welfare in agricultural markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 203-216, November.
- David Bowman, 1995. "Constrained suboptimality in economies with limited communication," International Finance Discussion Papers 497, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Asensio, Angel & Charles, Sébastien & Lang, Dany & Le Heron, Edwin, 2011.
"Les développements récents de la macroéconomie post-keynésienne,"
Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 10.
- Angel Asensio & Sébastien Charles & Edwin Le Héron & Dany Lang, 2011. "Les développements récents de la macroéconomie post-keynésienne," Post-Print halshs-00664867, HAL.
- Abiola, M. O. & Ada-Okungbowa, C. I., 2012. "Estimation of Farmer's Response to Price Dynamics in Partial Adjusted Autoregressive and Distributive Lagged Models: An Application to Rubber Production in Nigeria," Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Nigerian Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 3(1).
- Brantley Liddle, 2018. "Warming And Income Growth In The United States: A Heterogeneous, Common Factor Dynamic Panel Analysis," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(04), pages 1-14, November.
More about this item
Keywords; Walras; Edgeworth; law of indifference; equilibrium; large economies; arbitrage;
All these keywords.
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2011-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.