The Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being: Estimates for Canada, 1999 and 2005
This report presents estimates of the Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being (LIMEW) for a representative sample of Canadian households in 1999 and 2005. The results indicate that there was only modest growth in the average Canadian household’s total command over economic resources in the six years between 1999 and 2005. Although inequality in economic well-being increased slightly over the 1999–2005 period, the LIMEW was more equally distributed across Canadian households than more common income measures (such as after-tax income) in both 1999 and 2005. The median household’s economic well-being was lower in Canada than in the United States in both years.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolff, Edward N, 1996. "International Comparisons of Wealth Inequality," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(4), pages 433-51, December.
- Edward N. Wolff & Ajit Zacharias & Thomas Masterson, 2009. "Long-Term Trends in the Levy Institute Measure of Economic Well-Being (LIMEW), United States, 1959-2004," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_556, Levy Economics Institute.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-François Arsenault, 2009. "Living Standards Domain of the Canadian Index of Wellbeing," CSLS Research Reports 2009-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Andrew Sharpe & Lars Osberg, 2009. "New Estimates of the Index of Economic Well-being for Selected OECD Countries, 1981 - 2007," CSLS Research Reports 2009-11, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Hyunsub Kum & Thomas Masterson, 2008. "Statistical Matching Using Propensity Scores: Theory and Application to the Levy Institute Measure of Economic Wellbeing," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_535, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas Masterson, 2010. "Quality of Match for Statistical Matches Used in the 1999 and 2005 LIMEW Estimates for Canada," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_615, Levy Economics Institute.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-François Arsenault & Peter Harrison, 2008. "The Relationship between Productivity and Real Wage Growth in Canada and OECD Countries, 1961-2006," CSLS Research Reports 2008-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_680. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.