As The Implosion Begins . . .? Prospects and Policies for the U.S. Economy: A Strategic View
The U.S. economy is probably now in recession, and a prolonged period of subnormal growth and rising unemployment is likely unless there is another round of policy changes. A further relaxation of fiscal policy will probably be needed, but if a satisfactory rate of growth is to be sustained, this will have to be complemented by measures that raise U.S. exports relative to imports.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Peach & Charles Steindel, 2000. "A nation of spendthrifts? An analysis of trends in personal and gross saving," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 6(Sep).
- David Alan Aschauer, . "How Should the Surpluses Be Spent?," Economics Policy Note Archive 98-2, Levy Economics Institute.
- A Lusardi & J Skinner & S Venti, 2001.
"Saving puzzles and saving policies in the United States,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven F. Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," JCPR Working Papers 220, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," NBER Working Papers 8237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wynne Godley & L. Randall Wray, . "Can Goldilocks Survive?," Economics Policy Note Archive 99-4, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, . "Fiscal Policy For the Coming Recession: Large Tax Cuts are Needed to Prevent a Hard Landing," Economics Policy Note Archive 01-2, Levy Economics Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:levysa:01-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.