As The Implosion Begins . . .? Prospects and Policies for the U.S. Economy: A Strategic View
The U.S. economy is probably now in recession, and a prolonged period of subnormal growth and rising unemployment is likely unless there is another round of policy changes. A further relaxation of fiscal policy will probably be needed, but if a satisfactory rate of growth is to be sustained, this will have to be complemented by measures that raise U.S. exports relative to imports.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wynne Godley & L. Randall Wray, . "Can Goldilocks Survive?," Economics Policy Note Archive 99-4, Levy Economics Institute.
- Richard Peach & Charles Steindel, 2000. "A nation of spendthrifts? An analysis of trends in personal and gross saving," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 6(Sep).
- A Lusardi & J Skinner & S Venti, 2001.
"Saving puzzles and saving policies in the United States,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 95-115, Spring.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven F. Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," JCPR Working Papers 220, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Annamaria Lusardi & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Venti, 2001. "Saving Puzzles and Saving Policies in the United States," NBER Working Papers 8237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Alan Aschauer, . "How Should the Surpluses Be Spent?," Economics Policy Note Archive 98-2, Levy Economics Institute.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & L. Randall Wray, . "Fiscal Policy For the Coming Recession: Large Tax Cuts are Needed to Prevent a Hard Landing," Economics Policy Note Archive 01-2, Levy Economics Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:levysa:01-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.