Optimization of trading physics models of markets
We describe an end-to-end real-time S&P futures trading system. Inner-shell stochastic nonlinear dynamic models are developed, and Canonical Momenta Indicators (CMI) are derived from a fitted Lagrangian used by outer-shell trading models dependent on these indicators. Recursive and adaptive optimization using Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) is used for fitting parameters shared across these shells of dynamic and trading models.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brock, W. & Lakonishok, J. & Lebaron, B., 1991.
"Simple Technical Trading Rules And The Stochastic Properties Of Stock Returns,"
90-22, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Brock, William & Lakonishok, Josef & LeBaron, Blake, 1992. " Simple Technical Trading Rules and the Stochastic Properties of Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1731-64, December.
- Shinichi Sakata & Halbert White, 1998. "High Breakdown Point Conditional Dispersion Estimation with Application to S&P 500 Daily Returns Volatility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(3), pages 529-568, May.
- Merton, Robert C, 1973. "An Intertemporal Capital Asset Pricing Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(5), pages 867-87, September.
- L. Ingber & B. Rosen, 1993.
"Genetic algorithms and very fast simulated reannealing: A comparison,"
Lester Ingber Papers
93ga, Lester Ingber.
- L. Ingber & B. Rosen, 1992. "Genetic algorithms and very fast simulated reannealing: A comparison," Lester Ingber Papers 92ga, Lester Ingber.
- Brown, Philip & Kleidon, Allan W. & Marsh, Terry A., 1983. "New evidence on the nature of size-related anomalies in stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-56, June.
- L. Ingber, 1993. "Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA)," Lester Ingber Software asa, Lester Ingber.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- L. Ingber, 2000.
"High-resolution path-integral development of financial options,"
Lester Ingber Papers
00hr, Lester Ingber.
- Ingber, Lester, 2000. "High-resolution path-integral development of financial options," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 283(3), pages 529-558.
- Lester Ingber, 2000. "High-resolution path-integral development of financial options," Papers physics/0001048, arXiv.org.
- Mandelbrot, Benoit B, 1971. "When Can Price Be Arbitraged Efficiently? A Limit to the Validity of the Random Walk and Martingale Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(3), pages 225-36, August.
- L. Ingber & M.F. Wehner & G.M. Jabbour & T.M. Barnhill, 1991. "Application of statistical mechanics methodology to term-structure bond-pricing models," Lester Ingber Papers 91as, Lester Ingber.
- Laurent Laloux & Pierre Cizeau & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Noise dressing of financial correlation matrices," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500051, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- L. Ingber, 1984. "Statistical mechanics of nonlinear nonequilibrium financial markets," Lester Ingber Papers 84nn, Lester Ingber.
- Taylor, Stephen J., 1982. "Tests of the Random Walk Hypothesis Against a Price-Trend Hypothesis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(01), pages 37-61, March.
- L. Ingber, 1996. "Adaptive simulated annealing (ASA): Lessons learned," Lester Ingber Papers 96as, Lester Ingber.
- L. Ingber, 1989. "Very fast simulated re-annealing," Lester Ingber Papers 89vf, Lester Ingber.
- L. Ingber, 1986. "Statistical mechanics of neocortical interactions," Lester Ingber Papers 86ni, Lester Ingber.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A., 1976. "The valuation of options for alternative stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 145-166.
- L. Ingber, 1996. "Statistical mechanics of nonlinear nonequilibrium financial markets: Applications to optimized trading," Lester Ingber Papers 96nf, Lester Ingber.
- L. Ingber, 1993. "Simulated annealing: Practice versus theory," Lester Ingber Papers 93sa, Lester Ingber.
- L. Ingber, 1996. "Canonical momenta indicators of financial markets and neocortical EEG," Lester Ingber Papers 96cm, Lester Ingber.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lei:ingber:01ot. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.