Internal vs. External Habit Formation in a Growing Economy with Overlapping Generations
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Masako Ikefuji & Kazuo Mino, 2009. "Internal vs. External Habit Formation in a Growing Economy with Overlapping Generations," ISER Discussion Paper 0750, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Harbaugh, Richmond, 1996. "Falling behind the Joneses: relative consumption and the growth-savings paradox," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 297-304, December.
- Mino, Kazuo, 2006. "Consumption Externalities and Capital Accumulation in an Overlapping Generations Economy," MPRA Paper 17016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kazuo Mino, 2008. "Growth And Bubbles With Consumption Externalities," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 33-53.
- Lahiri, Amartya & Puhakka, Mikko, 1998.
"Habit Persistence in Overlapping Generations Economies under Pure Exchange,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 176-186, January.
- Amartya Lahiri & Mikko Puhakka, 1996. "Habit Persistence in Overlapping Generations Economies Under Pure Exchange," UCLA Economics Working Papers 754, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hiraguchi, Ryoji, 2008. "The overlapping generations model with habit formation: A comment," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 4016-4017, December.
- Gómez, Manuel A., 2008. "Convergence speed in the Ak endogenous growth model with habit formation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 16-21, July.
- Ronald Wendner, 2002. "Capital Accumulation and Habit Formation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(7), pages 1-10.
- Grishchenko, Olesya V., 2010. "Internal vs. external habit formation: The relative importance for asset pricing," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 176-194, May.
- Wendner, Ronald, 2003. "Do habits raise consumption growth?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 151-163, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2002:i:7:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Uribe, Martin, 2002. "The price-consumption puzzle of currency pegs," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 533-569, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daimer Higuita López, 2012. "Interiorización de las manifestaciones culturales en los miembros de la organización," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA, December.
- Gómez, Manuel A. & Monteiro, Goncalo, 2015. "Internal habits in an endogenous growth model with elastic labor supply," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 583-595.
- Luca Gori & Mauro Sodini, 2014. "Indeterminacy and nonlinear dynamics in an OLG growth model with endogenous labour supply and inherited tastes," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, pages 159-179.
- Daimer Higuita López, 2015. "Hábitos y habitus en la transformación cultural: estudio de una organización del sector energético," REVISTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS ECONÓMICAS, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA, vol. 0(1), pages 235-250, June.
- Luca Gori & Mauro Sodini, 2014.
"Indeterminacy and nonlinear dynamics in an OLG growth model with endogenous labour supply and inherited tastes,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, pages 159-179.
- Gori, Luca & Sodini, Mauro, 2012. "Indeterminacy and nonlinear dynamics in an OLG growth model with endogenous labour supply and inherited tastes," MPRA Paper 35942, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsinternal habits formation; external habit formation; overlapping generations economy; long-run growth;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2009-08-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2009-08-30 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2009-08-30 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kyo:wpaper:676. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ryo Okui). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iekyojp.html .