The Geometry of Finite Equilibrium Datasets
We investigate the geometry of finite datasets defined by equilibrium prices, income distributions, and total resources. We show that the equilibrium condition imposes no restrictions if total resources are collinear, a property that is robust to small perturbations. We also show that the set of equilibrium datasets is pathconnected when the equilibrium condition does impose restrictions on datasets, as for example when total resources are widely non collinear.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark|
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald J. Brown & Rosa L. Matzkin, 1995.
"Testable Restrictions on the Equilibrium Manifold,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1109, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2009.
"Individual Preference Rankings Compatible with Prices, Income Distributions and Total Resources,"
09-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2010. "Individual preference rankings compatible with prices, income distributions and total resources," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 45(3), pages 497-513, December.
- Balasko, Yves & Tvede, Mich, 2009.
"The geometry of finite equilibrium datasets,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(5-6), pages 391-396, May.
- Snyder, Susan K., 2004. "Observable implications of equilibrium behavior on finite data," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 165-176, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.