The geometry of finite equilibrium datasets
We investigate the geometry of finite datasets defined by equilibrium prices, income distributions, and total resources. We show that the equilibrium condition imposes no restrictions if total resources are collinear, a property that is robust to small perturbations. We also show that the set of equilibrium datasets is pathconnected when the equilibrium condition does impose restrictions on datasets, as for example when total resources are widely noncollinear.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2010.
"Individual preference rankings compatible with prices, income distributions and total resources,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 45(3), pages 497-513, December.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2009. "Individual Preference Rankings Compatible with Prices, Income Distributions and Total Resources," Discussion Papers 09-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Balasko, Yves & Tvede, Mich, 2009. "The geometry of finite equilibrium datasets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(5-6), pages 391-396, May.
- Yves Balasko & Mich Tvede, 2009. "The Geometry of Finite Equilibrium Datasets," Discussion Papers 09-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Brown, Donald J & Matzkin, Rosa L, 1996. "Testable Restrictions on the Equilibrium Manifold," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1249-1262, November.
- Donald J. Brown & Rosa L. Matzkin, 1995. "Testable Restrictions on the Equilibrium Manifold," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1109, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Snyder, Susan K., 2004. "Observable implications of equilibrium behavior on finite data," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-2), pages 165-176, February. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)