Purchasing Power Parity and the European Single Currency: Some New Evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christidou, Maria & Panagiotidis, Theodore, 2010. "Purchasing Power Parity and the European single currency: Some new evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1116-1123, September.
- Maria Christidou & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010. "Purchasing Power Parity and the European Single Currency: Some New Evidence," Working Paper series 19_10, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Maria Christidou & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2010. "Purchasing Power Parity and the European Single Currency: Some New Evidence," Discussion Paper Series 2010_03, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2010.
References listed on IDEAS
- Su Zhou & Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ali M. Kutan, 2008. "Purchasing Power Parity before and after the Adoption of the Euro," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 134-150, April.
- Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol & Snell, Andy, 2003. "Testing for a unit root in the nonlinear STAR framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 359-379, February.
- Taylor, Mark P & Peel, David A & Sarno, Lucio, 2001.
"Nonlinear Mean-Reversion in Real Exchange Rates: Toward a Solution to the Purchasing Power Parity Puzzles,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1015-1042, November.
- Peel, David & Sarno, Lucio & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Nonlinear Mean-Reversion in Real Exchange Rates: Towards a Solution to the Purchasing Power Parity Puzzles," CEPR Discussion Papers 2658, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kaddour Hadri, 2000.
"Testing for stationarity in heterogeneous panel data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 3(2), pages 148-161.
- Kaddour Hadri, 1999. "Testing For Stationarity In Heterogeneous Panel Data," Research Papers 1999_04, University of Liverpool Management School.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "HADRI: RATS procedure to implement Hadri test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00084, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2007.
"A simple panel unit root test in the presence of cross-section dependence,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 265-312.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2003. "A Simple Panel Unit Root Test in the Presence of Cross Section Dependence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0346, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Gadea, Maria-Dolores & Montanes, Antonio & Reyes, Marcelo, 2004. "The European Union currencies and the US dollar: from post-Bretton-Woods to the Euro," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 1109-1136.
- Koedijk, Kees G. & Tims, Ben & van Dijk, Mathijs A., 2004.
"Purchasing power parity and the euro area,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(7-8), pages 1081-1107.
- Koedijk, Kees & Tims, Ben & Van Dijk, Mathijs A, 2004. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 4510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koedijk, C.G. & Tims, B. & van Dijk, M.A., 2004. "Purchasing Power Parity and the Euro Area," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2004-025-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Claude Lopez & David H. Papell, 2007.
"Convergence to Purchasing Power Parity at the Commencement of the Euro,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Claude Lopez & David H. Papell, 2003. "Convergence to Purchasing Power Parity at the Commencement of the Euro," Macroeconomics 0310008, EconWPA.
- Claude Lopez & David H. Papell, 2003. "Convergence to Purchasing Power Parity at the Commencement of the Euro," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2003-08, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Lucio Sarno, 2005. "Viewpoint: Towards a solution to the puzzles in exchange rate economics: where do we stand?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 673-708, August.
- Hadri, Kaddour & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2008.
"A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Cross-Sectional Dependence,"
CCES Discussion Paper Series
7, Center for Research on Contemporary Economic Systems, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kaddour Hadri & Eiji Kurozumi, 2009. "A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Cross-Sectional Dependence," Economics Working Papers 09-01, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Kaddour Hadri & Eiji Kurozumi, 2008. "A Simple Panel Stationarity Test in the Presence of Cross-Sectional Dependence," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd08-016, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alan M. Taylor, 2002. "A Century Of Purchasing-Power Parity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 139-150, February.
- Bart Hobijn & Philip Hans Franses & Marius Ooms, 2004. "Generalizations of the KPSS-test for stationarity," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(4), pages 483-502.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Václav Žďárek, 2012. "An Empirical Investigation of the Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in European Transition Countries," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(3), pages 257-276.
- Lyócsa, Štefan & Výrost, Tomáš & Baumöhl, Eduard, 2011. "Unit-root and stationarity testing with empirical application on industrial production of CEE-4 countries," MPRA Paper 29648, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nikolaos Giannellis & Minoas Koukouritakis, 2016. "Eurozone's Leader and its Followers: Are their Markets Integrated Enough?," Working Papers 1607, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Tsoulfidis, Lefteris & Tsaliki, Persefoni, 2011.
"Classical competition and regulating capital: theory and empirical evidence,"
51334, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Persefoni Tsaliki, 2011. "Classical Competition and Regulating Capital: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Discussion Paper Series 2011_02, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Feb 2011.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:942-962 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georgios Loukopoulos & Dimitrios Antonopoulos, 2015. "Purchasing Power Parity: A Unit Root, Cointegration and VAR Analysis in Emerging and Advanced Countries," Business and Economic Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 5(1), pages 262-279, June.
- Huang, Chao-Hsi & Yang, Chih-Yuan, 2015. "European exchange rate regimes and purchasing power parity: An empirical study on eleven eurozone countries," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 100-109.
More about this item
KeywordsPurchasing Power Parity; half-life; nonlinear unit roots; panel unit roots; heterogeneity; cross-section dependence;
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2010-06-18 (European Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2010-06-18 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:koc:wpaper:1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sumru Oz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dekoctr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.