Satisficing and prior-free optimality in price competition: a theoretical and experimental analysis
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Werner Güth & M. Levati & Jianying Qiu, 2011. "Satisficing search versus aspiration adaptation in sales competition: experimental evidence," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 40(1), pages 179-198, February.
- Güth, Werner & Vittoria Levati, M. & Ploner, Matteo, 2010.
"Satisficing in strategic environments: A theoretical approach and experimental evidence,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 554-561, October.
- Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Matteo Ploner, 2008. "Satisficing in strategic environments: a theoretical approach and experimental evidence," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-078, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
More about this item
KeywordsSatisficing behavior; Bounded rationality; Triopoly;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2008-09-20 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-COM-2008-09-20 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EXP-2008-09-20 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2008-09-20 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2008-09-20 (Marketing)
- NEP-UPT-2008-09-20 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2008-067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .