Optimality conditions for scalar and vector optimization problems with quasiconvex inequality constraints
Let X be a real linear space, X0 -> X a convex set, Y and Z topological real linear spaces. The constrained optimization problem minCf(x), g(x) 2 -K is considered, where f : X0 ! Y and g : X0 ! Z are given (nonsmooth) functions, and C -> Y and K -> Z are closed convex cones. The weakly efficient solutions (w-minimizers) of this problem are investigated. When g obeys quasiconvex properties, first-order necessary and first-order sufficient optimality conditions in terms of Dini directional derivatives are obtained. In the special case of problems with pseudoconvex data it is shown that these conditions characterize the global w-minimizers and generalize known results from convex vector programming. The obtained results are applied to the special case of problems with finite dimensional image spaces and ordering cones the positive orthants, in particular to scalar problems with quasiconvex constraints. It is shown, that the quasiconvexity of the constraints allows to formulate the optimality conditions using the more simple single valued Dini derivatives instead of the set valued ones. Key words: Vector optimization, nonsmooth optimization, quasiconvex vector functions, pseudoconvex vector functions, Dini derivatives, quasiconvex programming, Kuhn-Tucker conditions..
|Date of creation:||Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.uninsubria.it/uninsubria/facolta/econo.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2002.
"The Scope of Open Source Licensing,"
NBER Working Papers
9363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2002. "Some Simple Economics of Open," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 197-234, June.
- Comino, Stefano & Manenti, Fabio M., 2011.
"Dual licensing in open source software markets,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 234-242.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti, 2007. "Dual licensing in open source software markets," Department of Economics Working Papers 0718, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Fabio Maria Manenti & Stefano Comino, 2010. "Dual Licensing in Open Source Software Markets," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0112, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- West, Joel, 2003. "How open is open enough?: Melding proprietary and open source platform strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1259-1285, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ins:quaeco:qf0805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Segreteria Dipartimento)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Segreteria Dipartimento to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.