Orderings of Opportunity Sets
We consider an extension of the class of multi-utility hyper-relations, the class of semi-decent hyper-relations. A semi-decent hyper-relation satis es monotonicity, stability with respect to contraction, and the union property. We analyze the class of semi-decent hyper-relations both associating them to an appropriate class of choice functions and considering decomposition of a decent relations via elementaryones. Doing so, we consider images in the set of choice functions of three subclasses of semi-decent hyper-relations: the decent hyper-relations, the transitive decent hyper-relations , and transitive decent hyper-relations which satisfy the condition LE of lattice equivalence. We prove that the image of the set of decent hyper-relations coincides with of the set of heritage choice functions; the image of the set of transitive decent hyper-relations coincides with the set of closed choice functions; the image of the set of transitive decent hyper-relations which satisfy the LE coincides with the set of Plott functions. We consider, for each of the above subclasses of hyper-relations, the problem of the decomposition of a given hyper-relation into elementaryones, namely the representation of a given hyper-relation as the intersection of elementaryones.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ecineq.org|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caspard, N. & Monjardet, B., 2000. "The Lattice of Closure Systems, Closure Operators and Implicational Systems on a Finite Set : A Survey," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.120, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00203346 is not listed on IDEAS
- Domenach, Florent & Leclerc, Bruno, 2004. "Closure systems, implicational systems, overhanging relations and the case of hierarchical classification," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 349-366, May.
- Clemens Puppe & Yongsheng Xu, 2010. "Essential alternatives and freedom rankings," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 669-685, October.
- Bernard Monjardet & Raderanirina Vololonirina, 2004.
"Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bernard Monjardet & Vololonirina Raderanirina, 2004. "Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 349-382, December.
- Puppe, Clemens, 1996. "An Axiomatic Approach to "Preference for Freedom of Choice"," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 174-199, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2012-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.