Orderings of Opportunity Sets
We consider an extension of the class of multi-utility hyper-relations, the class of semi-decent hyper-relations. A semi-decent hyper-relation satis es monotonicity, stability with respect to contraction, and the union property. We analyze the class of semi-decent hyper-relations both associating them to an appropriate class of choice functions and considering decomposition of a decent relations via elementaryones. Doing so, we consider images in the set of choice functions of three subclasses of semi-decent hyper-relations: the decent hyper-relations, the transitive decent hyper-relations , and transitive decent hyper-relations which satisfy the condition LE of lattice equivalence. We prove that the image of the set of decent hyper-relations coincides with of the set of heritage choice functions; the image of the set of transitive decent hyper-relations coincides with the set of closed choice functions; the image of the set of transitive decent hyper-relations which satisfy the LE coincides with the set of Plott functions. We consider, for each of the above subclasses of hyper-relations, the problem of the decomposition of a given hyper-relation into elementaryones, namely the representation of a given hyper-relation as the intersection of elementaryones.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Domenach, Florent & Leclerc, Bruno, 2004. "Closure systems, implicational systems, overhanging relations and the case of hierarchical classification," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 349-366, May.
- Clemens Puppe & Yongsheng Xu, 2010. "Essential alternatives and freedom rankings," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 35(4), pages 669-685, October.
- Bernard Monjardet & Vololonirina Raderanirina, 2004.
"Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 23(3), pages 349-382, December.
- Bernard Monjardet & Raderanirina Vololonirina, 2004. "Lattices of choice functions and consensus problems," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00203346, HAL.
- Puppe, Clemens, 1996. "An Axiomatic Approach to "Preference for Freedom of Choice"," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 174-199, January.
- Caspard, N. & Monjardet, B., 2000. "The Lattice of Closure Systems, Closure Operators and Implicational Systems on a Finite Set : A Survey," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.120, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inq:inqwps:ecineq2012-282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Ana Lugo)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.