Socially-embedded investments: Explaining gender differences in job-specific skills
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emily Murphy & Daniel Oesch, 2015. "The Feminization of Occupations and Change in Wages: A Panel Analysis of Britain, Germany and Switzerland," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 731, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Uhrig, S.C. Noah & Watson, Nicole, 2014. "The impact of measurement error on wage decompositions: evidence from the British Household Panel Survey and the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia Survey," ISER Working Paper Series 2014-24, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:dem:demres:v:37:y:2017:i:56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier G. Polavieja & Lucinda Platt, 2010.
"Girls like pink: Explaining sex-typed occupational aspirations amongst young children,"
2010-19, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Javier Polavieja & Lucinda Platt, 2010. "Girls like Pink: Explaining Sex-Typed Occupational Aspirations amongst Young Children," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 844.10, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Javier Polavieja & Lucinda Platt, 2012. "Nurse or Mechanic? The Role of Parental Socialization and Children's Personality in the Formation of Sex-Typed Occupational Aspirations," DoQSS Working Papers 12-10, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
More about this item
Keywordsgender; job-specific investments; social interactions; strategic compensation; social learning; social norms; role identification; prefrences; european social survey;
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- M52 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Compensation and Compensation Methods and Their Effects
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-06-26 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2010-06-26 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imd:wpaper:wp2010-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IMDEA RePEc Maintainer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icimdes.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .