Ranking Completely Uncertain Decisions by the Uniform Expected Utility Criterion
We provide an axiomatic characterization of a family of criteria for ranking completely uncertain decisions. A completely uncertain decision is described by the set of all its consequences (assumed to be finite). Each of the criterions characterized can be thought of as assigning to all consequences of a decision an equal probability of occurrence and as comparing decisions on the basis of the expected utility of their consequences for some utility function.
|Date of creation:||12 Jul 2007|
|Date of revision:||12 Jul 2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.idep-fr.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Serge-Christophe Kolm, 2004. "Liberty and distribution: Macrojustice from social freedom," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 113-145, 02.
- Maniquet, Francois, 1998.
"An equal right solution to the compensation-responsibility dilemma,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-202, March.
- Maniquet, F., 1996. "An Equal Right Solution to the Compensation-Responsability Dilemma," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 335.96, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Maskin, Eric, 1978. "A Theorem on Utilitarianism," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 93-96, February.
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K. & Xu, Yongsheng, 2000. "On Ranking Opportunity Sets in Economic Environments," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 48-71, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iep:wpidep:0705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Yves Doazan to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.