A Simultaneous Confidence Corridor for Varying Coefficient Regression with Sparse Functional Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lijie Gu & Li Wang & Wolfgang Härdle & Lijian Yang, 2014. "A simultaneous confidence corridor for varying coefficient regression with sparse functional data," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 23(4), pages 806-843, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chiang C-T. & Rice J. A & Wu C. O, 2001. "Smoothing Spline Estimation for Varying Coefficient Models With Repeatedly Measured Dependent Variables," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 605-619, June.
- Wang, Lifeng & Li, Hongzhe & Huang, Jianhua Z., 2008. "Variable Selection in Nonparametric Varying-Coefficient Models for Analysis of Repeated Measurements," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1556-1569.
- Jianqing Fan, 2000. "Simultaneous Confidence Bands and Hypothesis Testing in Varying-coefficient Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(4), pages 715-731.
- Yao, Fang & Muller, Hans-Georg & Wang, Jane-Ling, 2005. "Functional Data Analysis for Sparse Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 577-590, June.
- Gabrys, Robertas & HorvÃ¡th, Lajos & Kokoszka, Piotr, 2010. "Tests for Error Correlation in the Functional Linear Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(491), pages 1113-1125.
- Weixin Yao & Runze Li, 2013. "New local estimation procedure for a non-parametric regression function for longitudinal data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 75(1), pages 123-138, January.
- Liu, Rong & Yang, Lijian, 2010. "Spline-Backfitted Kernel Smoothing Of Additive Coefficient Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 29-59, February.
- Xue, Liugen & Zhu, Lixing, 2007. "Empirical Likelihood for a Varying Coefficient Model With Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 642-654, June.
- Manteiga, Wenceslao Gonzalez & Vieu, Philippe, 2007. "Statistics for Functional Data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4788-4792, June.
- Hall, Peter & Titterington, D. M., 1988. "On confidence bands in nonparametric density estimation and regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 228-254, October.
- Lan Zhou & Jianhua Z. Huang & Raymond J. Carroll, 2008. "Joint modelling of paired sparse functional data using principal components," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(3), pages 601-619.
- Jianhua Z. Huang, 2002. "Varying-coefficient models and basis function approximations for the analysis of repeated measurements," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(1), pages 111-128, March.
- repec:taf:gnstxx:v:24:y:2012:i:2:p:359-377 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jmvana:v:165:y:2018:i:c:p:279-295 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shuzhuan Zheng & Rong Liu & Lijian Yang & Wolfgang K. Härdle, 2016. "Statistical inference for generalized additive models: simultaneous confidence corridors and variable selection," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(4), pages 607-626, December.
- Jiangyan Wang & Suojin Wang & Lijian Yang, 2016. "Simultaneous confidence bands for the distribution function of a finite population and of its superpopulation," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 25(4), pages 692-709, December.
More about this item
KeywordsB spline; confidence corridor; Karhunen-LoÃ¨ve L^2 representation; knots; functional data; varying coefficient;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2014-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sohubde.html .