Auditor choice in the Belgian nonprofit sector: a behavioral perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:1:p:191-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deis, Donald Jr. & Giroux, Gary, 1996. "The effect of auditor changes on audit fees, audit hours, and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 55-76.
- repec:eee:jiaata:v:20:y:2011:i:1:p:32-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Lowensohn, Suzanne & Johnson, Laurence E. & Elder, Randal J. & Davies, Stephen P., 2007. "Auditor specialization, perceived audit quality, and audit fees in the local government audit market," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 705-732.
- Zhan Shu, Susan, 2000. "Auditor resignations: clientele effects and legal liability," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 173-205, April.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- Geraldine Broye & Laurent Weill, 2008.
"Does leverage influence auditor choice? A cross-country analysis,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(9), pages 715-731.
- Géraldine Broye & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Does leverage influence auditor choice? A cross-country analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14152, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Heidi Vander Bauwhede & Marleen Willekens, 2004. "Evidence on (the lack of) audit-quality differentiation in the private client segment of the belgian audit market," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 501-522.
- Hope, Ole-Kristian & Kang, Tony & Thomas, Wayne & Yoo, Yong Keun, 2008. "Culture and auditor choice: A test of the secrecy hypothesis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 357-373.
- repec:bla:joares:v:35:y:1997:i:1:p:97-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tom Van Caneghem, 2010. "Audit pricing and the Big4 fee premium: evidence from Belgium," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 122-139, January.
More about this item
Keywordsauditor choice; auditor sector specialization; nonprofit organizations; behavioral study; Belgium.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:201136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emhubbe.html .