Audit firm industry specialization and the audit report lag
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Choi, Sung K. & Jeter, Debra C., 1992. "The effects of qualified audit opinions on earnings response coefficients," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 229-247, August.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:1:p:191-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vincent E. Owhoso & William F. Messier, Jr. & John G. Lynch, Jr., 2002. "Error Detection by Industry‐Specialized Teams during Sequential Audit Review," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 883-900, June.
- Dopuch, Nicholas & Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W., 1986. "Abnormal stock returns associated with media disclosures of `subject to' qualified audit opinions," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 93-117, June.
- Watts, Ross L & Zimmerman, Jerold L, 1983. "Agency Problems, Auditing, and the Theory of the Firm: Some Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 613-633, October.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:joares:v:13:y:1975:i:2:p:204-219 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:25:y:1987:i:2:p:275-292 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i::p:59-82 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soltani, Bahram, 2002. "Timeliness of corporate and audit reports: Some empirical evidence in the French context," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 215-246.
- Gul, Ferdinand A. & Fung, Simon Yu Kit & Jaggi, Bikki, 2009. "Earnings quality: Some evidence on the role of auditor tenure and auditors' industry expertise," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 265-287, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9347-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:advacc:v:30:y:2014:i:2:p:283-297 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:taf:oabmxx:v:3:y:2016:i:1:p:1195680 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:mth:ijafr8:v:9:y:2019:i:1:p:152-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:eurasi:v:7:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40821-016-0070-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reheul, Anne-Mie & Van Caneghem, Tom & Verbruggen, Sandra, 2011. "Auditor choice in the Belgian nonprofit sector: a behavioral perspective," Working Papers 2011/36, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:48-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ers:journl:v:volumexxi:y:2018:i:issue3:p:417-428 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:acctfi:v:58:y:2018:i:3:p:885-920 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shokrollah Khajavi & Akbar Zare, 2016. "The Effect of Audit Quality on Stock Crash Risk in Tehran Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(1), pages 20-25.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:616-629 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:20:y:2017:i:01:n:s0219091517500060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pei-Gi Shu & Tsung-Kang Chen & Wen-Jye Hung, 2015. "Audit duration quality and client credit risk," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 137-162, June.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:10:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s13132-016-0444-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAudit report lag; Auditor industry specialization; National-level industry specialist; International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jiaata:v:20:y:2011:i:1:p:32-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-international-accounting-auditing-and-taxation .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.