Impacts of Savings and Credit Union Programs on Household Welfare in Laos: Case Study of the Vientiane Vicinity during the mid-2000s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coleman, Brett E., 1999. "The impact of group lending in Northeast Thailand," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 105-141, October.
- Shahidur Khandker & Hussain Samad & Zahed Khan, 1998. "Income and employment effects of micro-credit programmes: Village-level evidence from Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 96-124.
- P. Mosley, 2001. "Microfinance and Poverty in Bolivia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 101-132.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Debadutta Kumar Panda, 2017. "Impact assessment of group-based credit–lending projects with controlled project placement bias and self-selection bias," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 44(3), pages 227-238, September.
- James C. Brau & Gary M. Woller, 2004. "Microfinance: A Comprehensive Review of the Existing Literature," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 9(1), pages 1-28, Spring.
- Ulrike Vogelgesang, 2001. "The Impact of Microfinance Loans on the Clients' Enterprises: Caja Los Andes, Bolivia," GK working paper series 2001-03, Post Graduate Programme "Allocation on Financial Markets", University of Mannheim, revised Nov 2001.
- Debadutta Panda & Sriharsha Reddy, 2020. "Predictors of microcredit default in Indian self‐help groups," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(2), pages 303-318, June.
- Jun Goto, 2013. "The Impacts of Self-Help Group Programs: Experimental and Survey Evidence from South India," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2874-2889.
- Ghulam Hussain, A.K.M. & Nargis, Nigar & Ashiquzzaman, S.M. & Khalil, Fahad, 2019.
"The employment impact of microcredit program participation in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal household survey,"
World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 34-49.
- Hussain, A.K.M. Ghulam & Nargis, Nigar & Ashiquzzaman, S.M. & Khalil, Fahad, 2017. "The employment impact of microcredit program participation in Bangladesh: Evidence from a longitudinal household survey," GLO Discussion Paper Series 59, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Hermes, Niels & Lensink, Robert, 2011. "Microfinance: Its Impact, Outreach, and Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 875-881, June.
- Pablo Cotler & Christopher Woodruff, 2008. "The Impact of Short-Term Credit on Microenterprises: Evidence from the Fincomun-Bimbo Program in Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(4), pages 829-849, July.
- John Weiss & Heather Montgomery, 2005.
"Great Expectations: Microfinance and Poverty Reduction in Asia and Latin America,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 391-416.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather, 2004. "Great expectations: microfinance and poverty reduction in Asia and Latin America," MPRA Paper 33142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hisaki KONO & Kazushi TAKAHASHI, 2010. "Microfinance Revolution: Its Effects, Innovations, And Challenges," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 48(1), pages 15-73, March.
- Muhammad Imran Qureshi & M.Amjad Saleem & Zaffar Abbas & Abdul Waheed Qasuria, 2012. "A Conceptual Framework: Ensuring the Determination and Impact on Adoption of Mechanism for Processing Microfinance (A Case Study of D.I.Khan District KPK, Pakistan)," Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies, Educational Research Multimedia & Publications,India, vol. 3(2), pages 12-16, May.
- Begoña Gutiérrez Nieto & Carlos Serrano-Cinca, 2019. "20 Years of Research in Microfinance: An Information Management Approach," Working Papers CEB 19-005, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Suman Ghosh & Eric Van Tassel, 2008. "A Model of Mission Drift in Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers 08003, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University.
- Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh & Annim, Samuel Kobina, 2012.
"Microfinance and Poverty—A Macro Perspective,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1675-1689.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2010. "Microfinance and Poverty -A Macro Perspective," Discussion Paper Series DP2010-30, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Katsushi Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2010. "Microfinance and Poverty A Macro Perspective," Economics Discussion Paper Series 1020, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim, 2010. "Microfinance and Poverty -A Macro Perspective," Discussion Paper Series DP2010-33, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- World Bank, 2001. "Risk Management in South Asia : A Poverty Focused Approach," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15449, The World Bank.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Sharma, Sindra, 2018. "Investing in Climate Change Adaptation: Motivations and Green Incentives in the Fiji Islands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 394-408.
- Nebal Al Maaitah, 2019. "The Legitimacy of Profit of Microlending Institutions and Womens Empowerment: A Case Study from Jordan," Theory Methodology Practice (TMP), Faculty of Economics, University of Miskolc, vol. 15(01), pages 3-17.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2011.
"Enhancing capabilities through credit access: Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness under asymmetric information,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(3-4), pages 265-278, April.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Pierluigi Conzo, 2009. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness: field experiment in microfinance and consequences on causality in impact studies," Econometica Working Papers wp17, Econometica.
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Conzo, Pierluigi, 2010. "Creditworthiness as a signal of trustworthiness," AICCON Working Papers 67-2009, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Dante B Canlas & Johnny Noe E Ravalo & Eli M Remolona, 2018. "Do small bank deposits run more than large ones? Three event studies of contagion and financial inclusion," BIS Working Papers 724, Bank for International Settlements.
- Amit Kundu & Suranjana Mitra, 2010.
"Group Lending Scheme Operating Through Primary Agricultural Credit Society: A Critical Assessment,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 61-77, August.
- Amit, Kundu & Suranjana, Mitra, 2010. "Group Lending Scheme operating through Primary Agricultural Credit Society: A Critical Assessment," MPRA Paper 23239, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 2010.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:primdp:55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.