Business Groups in Thailand: Before and after the East Asian Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2001. "The Equity Ownership Structure of Thai Firms," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-8, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Khanthavit, Anya & Polsiri, Piruna & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2003. "Did Families Lose or Gain Control after the East Asian Financial Crisis?," CEI Working Paper Series 2003-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Piruna Polsiri & Kingkarn Sookhanaphibarn, 2009. "Corporate Distress Prediction Models Using Governance and Financial Variables: Evidence from Thai Listed Firms during the East Asian Economic Crisis," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 5(2), pages 273-304, July.
- Connelly, J. Thomas & Limpaphayom, Piman & Nagarajan, Nandu J., 2012. "Form versus substance: The effect of ownership structure and corporate governance on firm value in Thailand," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1722-1743.
- Espenlaub, Susanne & Khurshed, Arif & Sitthipongpanich, Thitima, 2012. "Bank connections, corporate investment and crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1336-1353.
- Wiem Elmanaa Madani & Wafa Khlif, 2005. "Effets De La Structure De Propriete Sur La Performance Comptable : Etude Empirique Sur Les Entreprises Tunisiennes Indistruelles Non Cotees," Post-Print halshs-00581192, HAL.
- Siregar, Sylvia Veronica & Utama, Sidharta, 2008. "Type of earnings management and the effect of ownership structure, firm size, and corporate-governance practices: Evidence from Indonesia," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Chaiyasit Anuchitworawong, 2010. "The Value of Principles-Based Governance Practices and the Attenuation of Information Asymmetry," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 17(2), pages 171-207, June.
- Carney, Richard W. & Child, Travers Barclay, 2013. "Changes to the ownership and control of East Asian corporations between 1996 and 2008: The primacy of politics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 494-513.
- Chutatong Charumilind & Raja Kali & Yupana Wiwattanakantang, 2006.
"Connected Lending: Thailand before the Financial Crisis,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(1), pages 181-218, January.
- Charumilind, Chutatong & Kali, Raja & Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2003. "Connected Lending: Thailand before the Financial Crisis," CEI Working Paper Series 2003-19, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bunkanwanicha, Pramuan & Gupta, Jyoti & Rokhim, Rofikoh, 2008. "Debt and entrenchment: Evidence from Thailand and Indonesia," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1578-1595, March.
- Hang Thi Thuy Pham & Sung-Chang Jung & Su-Yol Lee, 2020. "Governmental Ownership of Voluntary Sustainability Information Disclosure in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-18, August.
- Fan, Joseph P.H. & Leung, Winnie S.C., 2020. "The impact of ownership transferability on family firm governance and performance: The case of family trusts," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Connelly, Thomas & Wolff, Christian C, 2019. "Dividend Policy Decisions and Ownership Concentration: Evidence from Thai Public Companies," CEPR Discussion Papers 13854, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kouwenberg, Roy & Phunnarungsi, Visit, 2013. "Corporate governance, violations and market reactions," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 881-898.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness Group; Corporate Governance; Ownership Structure; Restructuring; East Asian Financial Crisis;
All these keywords.
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hitcei:2004-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reiko Suzuki) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Reiko Suzuki to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cehitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.