Multichannel queuing systems with balking and regenerative input fl ow
Motivated by the application to telephone call centers this paper is focused on the multichannel queueing system with heterogeneous servers, regenerative input ow and balking. Servers times are random variables but not necessary exponential. If a new customer encountering j other customers in the system then it stays for service with probability fj and gets rejection with probability 1 ?? fj . For such a system an ergodicity condition is established and functional heavy trac limit theorems are proved under critically loaded ( " 1) and overloaded conditions ( 1)
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Publication status:||Published in WP BRP Series: Science, Technology and Innovation / STI, July 2013, pages 1-19|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Myasnitskaya 20, Moscow 101000|
Web page: http://www.hse.ru/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ger Koole & Avishai Mandelbaum, 2002. "Queueing Models of Call Centers: An Introduction," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 41-59, July.
- Wei Xiong & Tayfur Altiok, 2009. "An approximation for multi-server queues with deterministic reneging times," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 172(1), pages 143-151, November.
- Ward Whitt, 2005. "Engineering Solution of a Basic Call-Center Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(2), pages 221-235, February.
- Nam Boots & Henk Tijms, 1999. "AnM/M/c queue with impatient customers," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 7(2), pages 213-220, December.
- J. G. Dai & Shuangchi He, 2010. "Customer Abandonment in Many-Server Queues," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 35(2), pages 347-362, May.
- Rouba Ibrahim & Ward Whitt, 2009. "Real-Time Delay Estimation in Overloaded Multiserver Queues with Abandonments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(10), pages 1729-1742, October.
- Nam Kyoo Boots & Henk Tijms, 1999. "A Multiserver Queueing System with Impatient Customers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 444-448, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:wpbrp14sti2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev)or (Victoria Elkina)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.