Generic NDC - Equilibrium, Valuation and Risk Sharing with and without NDC Bonds
The Non-financial (Notional) Defined Contribution (NDC) PAYGO pension scheme is a recent innovation and its generic dimensions have not previously been explored in a coherent context. This paper does this. It derives and analyzes the demographic, economic and distributional properties of NDC. The residual (systematic) longevity risk creates a special problem, solved with an NDC bond, the asset that closes the system financially, transferring residual risk to the government (taxpayers). This guarantees a fixed NDC contribution rate and, thus, intergenerational commitment, with transparent distributional policy pursued through targeted transfers from general tax revenues and taxation of overall personal income.
|Date of creation:||04 Feb 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden|
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Piggott & Emiliano A. Valdez & Bettina Detzel, 2005. "The Simple Analytics of a Pooled Annuity Fund," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 497-520.
- Robalino, David A. & Bodor, András, 2009.
"On the financial sustainability of earnings-related pension schemes with ‘pay-as-you-go’ financing and the role of government-indexed bonds,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 153-187, April.
- Robalino, David A. & Bodor, Andras, 2006. "On the financial sustainability of earnings-related pension schemes with"pay-as-you-go"financing and the role of government indexed bonds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3966, The World Bank.
- Valdez, Emiliano A. & Piggott, John & Wang, Liang, 2006. "Demand and adverse selection in a pooled annuity fund," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 251-266, October.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Lee, Ronald, 2011. "Welfare and generational equity in sustainable unfunded pension systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-2), pages 16-27, February.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Lee, Ronald, 2011. "Welfare and generational equity in sustainable unfunded pension systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 16-27.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Ronald Lee, 2009. "Welfare and Generational Equity in Sustainable Unfunded Pension Systems," NBER Working Papers 14682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:2011_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.