Generic NDC - Equilibrium, Valuation and Risk Sharing with and without NDC Bonds
The Non-financial (Notional) Defined Contribution (NDC) PAYGO pension scheme is a recent innovation and its generic dimensions have not previously been explored in a coherent context. This paper does this. It derives and analyzes the demographic, economic and distributional properties of NDC. The residual (systematic) longevity risk creates a special problem, solved with an NDC bond, the asset that closes the system financially, transferring residual risk to the government (taxpayers). This guarantees a fixed NDC contribution rate and, thus, intergenerational commitment, with transparent distributional policy pursued through targeted transfers from general tax revenues and taxation of overall personal income.
|Date of creation:||04 Feb 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden|
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Piggott & Emiliano A. Valdez & Bettina Detzel, 2005. "The Simple Analytics of a Pooled Annuity Fund," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(3), pages 497-520.
- Robalino, David A. & Bodor, András, 2009.
"On the financial sustainability of earnings-related pension schemes with ‘pay-as-you-go’ financing and the role of government-indexed bonds,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 153-187, April.
- Robalino, David A. & Bodor, Andras, 2006. "On the financial sustainability of earnings-related pension schemes with"pay-as-you-go"financing and the role of government indexed bonds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3966, The World Bank.
- Valdez, Emiliano A. & Piggott, John & Wang, Liang, 2006. "Demand and adverse selection in a pooled annuity fund," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 251-266, October.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Lee, Ronald, 2011. "Welfare and generational equity in sustainable unfunded pension systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-2), pages 16-27, February.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Lee, Ronald, 2011. "Welfare and generational equity in sustainable unfunded pension systems," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 16-27.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Ronald Lee, 2009. "Welfare and Generational Equity in Sustainable Unfunded Pension Systems," NBER Working Papers 14682, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:2011_003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.