Nonparametric Estimation of Labor Supply Functions Generated by Piece Wise Linear Budget Constraints
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Soren Blomquist & Whitney Newey, 2002. "Nonparametric Estimation with Nonlinear Budget Sets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(6), pages 2455-2480, November.
- Blomquist, S. & Newey, W., 1997. "Nonparametric Estimation of Labor Supply Functions Generated by Piece Wise Linear Budget Constraints," Papers 1997-24, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Soren Blomquist & Whitney Newey, 1999. "Nonparametric Estimation with Nonlinear Budget Sets," Working papers 99-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Costas Meghir, 1998.
"Estimating Labor Supply Responses Using Tax Reforms,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 827-862, July.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Costas Meghir, 1995. "Estimating labour supply responses using tax reforms," IFS Working Papers W95/07, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Newey, Whitney K, 1995.
"Nonparametric Estimation of Exact Consumers Surplus and Deadweight Loss,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1445-1476, November.
- Hausman, J.A. & Newey, W.K., 1992. "Nonparametric Estimation of Exact Consumers Surplus and Deadweight Loss," Working papers 93-2, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Palme, Marten, 1998.
"A Decade of Tax and Benefit Reforms in Sweden: Effects on Labour Supply, Welfare and Inequality,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 39-67, February.
- Aronsson,T. & Palme,M., 1994. "A Decade of Tax and Benefit Reforms in Sweden -Effects on Labour Supply, Welfare and Inequality," Papers 3, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Palme, Mårten, 1994. "A Decade of Tax and Benefit Reforms in Sweden - Effects on Labour Supply, Welfare and Inequality," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 18, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomquist, S.N., 1991. "Flexible Functional Forms and Coherency for Labor Supply Models," Papers 1991j, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Andrews, Donald W. K., 1991. "Asymptotic optimality of generalized CL, cross-validation, and generalized cross-validation in regression with heteroskedastic errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 359-377, February.
- Blomquist, N. Soren, 1983. "The effect of income taxation on the labor supply of married men in Sweden," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 169-197, November.
- N. S. Blomquist & U. Hansson-Brusewitz, 1990. "The Effect of Taxes on Male and Female Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(3), pages 317-357.
- Agell, S.A. & Meghir, C., 1995. "Male Labour Supply in Sweden : Are Incentives Important?," Papers 12, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
More about this item
KeywordsNonparametric estimation; labor supply; nonlinear budget constraints; tax reform;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1998-08-31 (Econometrics)
- NEP-PBE-1998-08-31 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-1998-08-31 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:1997_024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lovisa Isaksson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.