Intersections of Immigrant status and Gender in the Swedish Entrepreneurial Landscape
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Bridges, 2003. "Rethinking gender segregation and gender inequality: Measures and meanings," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 40(3), pages 543-568, August.
- Tüzin Baycan-Levent & Enno Masurel & Peter Nijkamp, 2003. "Gender Differences in Ethnic Entrepreneurship," ERSA conference papers ersa03p499, European Regional Science Association.
- Richard Wright, 2000. "The Ethnic and Gender Division of Labor Compared Among Immigrants to Los Angeles," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 567-582, September.
- Sako Musterd & Roger Andersson & George Galster & Timo M Kauppinen, 2008. "Are immigrants’ earnings influenced by the characteristics of their neighbours?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(4), pages 785-805, April.
- Mats Hammarstedt, 2006. "The predicted earnings differential and immigrant self-employment in Sweden," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(6), pages 619-630.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
- Christian Dustmann & Francesca Fabbri, 2005. "Immigrants in the British labour market," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(4), pages 423-470, December.
- George J. Borjas, 1986. "The Self-Employment Experience of Immigrants," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(4), pages 485-506.
- Olof Åslund & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2005. "Shifts in attitudes and labor market discrimination: Swedish experiences after 9-11," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 603-629, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; gender; immigrant status; segmentation; division of labour;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2009-07-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2009-07-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-07-11 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SBM-2009-07-11 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sulcis:2009_008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eskil Wadensjö). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lcisuse.html .