C-complete sets for compromise stable games
The core cover of a TU-game is a superset of the core and equals the convex hull of its larginal vectors. A larginal vector corresponds to an ordering of the players and describes the efficient payoff vector giving the first players in the ordering their utopia demand as long as it is still possible to assign the remaining players at least their minimum right. A game is called compromise stable if the core is equal to the core cover, i.e. the core is the convex hull of the larginal vectors. This paper analyzes the structure of orderings corresponding to larginal vectors of the core cover and conditions ensuring equality between core cover and core. We introduce compromise complete (or c-complete) sets that satisfy the condition that if every larginal vector corresponding to an ordering of the set is a core element, then the game is compromise stable. We use combinatorial arguments to give a complete characterization of these sets. More specifically, we find c-complete sets of minimum cardinality and a closed formula for the minimum number of orderings in c-complete sets.
|Date of creation:||03 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 65 50 32 33
Fax: 65 50 32 37
Web page: http://www.sdu.dk/ivoe
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ichiishi, Tatsuro, 1981. "Super-modularity: Applications to convex games and to the greedy algorithm for LP," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 283-286, October.
- Potters, J.A.M. & Poos, R. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1989. "Clan games," Other publications TiSEM 1855e4e3-7392-4ef0-a073-8, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154285 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Velzen, S. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Norde, H.W., 2002. "Convexity and Marginal Vectors," Discussion Paper 2002-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:200253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muto, S. & Nakayama, M. & Potters, J.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1988. "On big boss games," Other publications TiSEM 488a314a-179c-4628-91e6-7, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:200311 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rafels, Carles & Ybern, Neus, 1995. "Even and Odd Marginal Worth Vectors, Owen's Multilinear Extension and Convex Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 113-26.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154246 is not listed on IDEAS
- Potters, Jos & Poos, Rene & Tijs, Stef & Muto, Shigeo, 1989. "Clan games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 275-293, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2012_025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.