An Empirical Test of the Optimal Disclosure Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Jiang, Ping & Tan, Weiqiang, 2010. "A transparency Disclosure Index measuring disclosures: Chinese listed companies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 259-280, June.
- Holger Daske & Günther Gebhardt, 2006. "International financial reporting standards and experts' perceptions of disclosure quality," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 42(3-4), pages 461-498.
- Ng, Jeffrey, 2011. "The effect of information quality on liquidity risk," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 126-143.
- Nagar, Venky & Nanda, Dhananjay & Wysocki, Peter, 2003. "Discretionary disclosure and stock-based incentives," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 283-309, January.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation," Scholarly Articles 29407535, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Yawen Jiao, 2011. "Corporate Disclosure, Market Valuation, and Firm Performance," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 647-676, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:38:y:2000:i::p:91-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1985. " Optimal Release of Information by Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1071-1094, September.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Brown, Stephen J., 1984. "Differential information and the small firm effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 283-294, June.
- Bhushan, Ravi, 1989. "Firm characteristics and analyst following," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2-3), pages 255-274, July.
- Brown, S., 1979. "The Effect of Estimation Risk on Capital Market Equilibrium," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 215-220, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i:2:p:261-279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Carl R. & Steiner, Thomas L., 2000. "Tobin's q, managerial ownership, and analyst coverage: A nonlinear simultaneous equations model," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 365-382.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Leuz, C & Verrecchia, RE, 2000. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38, pages 91-124.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-1359, September.
- Nikolaev, V. & van Lent, L.A.G.M., 2005. "The endogeneity bias in the relation between cost-of-debt capital and corporate disclosure policy," Other publications TiSEM 04869b30-e8a9-4ecf-84ae-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Richard Lambert & Christian Leuz & Robert E. Verrecchia, 2007. "Accounting Information, Disclosure, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 385-420, May.
- Valeri Nikolaev & Laurence van Lent, 2005. "The endogeneity bias in the relation between cost-of-debt capital and corporate disclosure policy," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 677-724.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i:2:p:246-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christine A. Botosan, 2002. "A Re-examination of Disclosure Level and the Expected Cost of Equity Capital," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 21-40, March.
- repec:bla:joares:v:35:y:1997:i::p:167-199 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Easley & Maureen O'hara, 2004. "Information and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1553-1583, August.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September.
More about this item
KeywordsVoluntary disclosure; cost of capital; Tobins q; optimal disclosure;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:luwick:2013_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jens Forssbaeck) or (Frederik Lundtofte). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/kwcluse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.