Re-Coinage as a Monetary Tax: Conditions, Consequences and Comparisons with Debasement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rolnick, Arthur J & Weber, Warren E, 1986.
"Gresham's Law or Gresham's Fallacy?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(1), pages 185-199, February.
- Sargent, Thomas J & Velde, Francois R, 1999. "The Big Problem of Small Change," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(2), pages 137-161, May.
- Dowd, Kevin & Greenaway, David, 1993. "Currency Competition, Network Externalities and Switching Costs: Towards an Alternative View of Optimum Currency Areas," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1180-1189, September.
- Sussman, Nathan, 1993. "Debasements, Royal Revenues, and Inflation in France During the Hundred Years' War, 1415–1422," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(01), pages 44-70, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Svensson, Roger, 2014. "Re-Coinage in Medieval Sweden," Working Paper Series 1040, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Svensson, Roger, 2013. "The Bracteate as Economic Idea and Monetary Instrument," Working Paper Series 973, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsRe-coinage; SShort-lived coinage system; Debasement; Monetary tax; Monetization; Inflation; Monetary system;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2013-03-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-03-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:iuiwop:0950. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iuiiise.html .