Height and Leadership
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Grönqvist, Erik & Vlachos, Jonas, 2008.
"One size fits all? The effects of teacher cognitive and non-cognitive abilities on student achievement,"
Working Paper Series
2008:25, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Grönqvist, Erik & Vlachos, Jonas, 2008. "One Size Fits All? The Effects of Teacher Cognitive and Non-Cognitive Abilities on Student Achievement," CEPR Discussion Papers 7086, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Petri Böckerman & Edvard Johansson & Urpo Kiiskinen & Markku Heilövaara, 2010.
"Does Physical Capacity Explain the Height Premium?,"
1074, University of Tampere, School of Management, Economics.
- Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Kiiskinen, Urpo & Heliövaara, Markku, 2010. "Does physical capacity explain the height premium?," MPRA Paper 20108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Are Tell Men Leaders Because of Height Bias or Intelligence?
by Ariel Goldring in Free Market Mojo on 2010-06-16 18:39:51
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Bargain & Jinan Zeidan, 2014.
"Stature, Skills and Adult Life Outcomes: Evidence from Indonesia,"
AMSE Working Papers
1429, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 07 Jul 2014.
- Olivier Bargain & Jinan Zeidan, 2017. "Stature, Skills and Adult Life Outcomes: Evidence from Indonesia," Post-Print hal-01589995, HAL.
- Olivier Bargain & Jinan Zeidan, 2014. "Stature, Skills and Adult Life Outcomes: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers halshs-01020788, HAL.
- Mark E. McGovern & Aditi Krishna & Victor M. Aguayo & S.V. Subramanian, 2017. "A Review of the Evidence Linking Child Stunting to Economic Outcomes," CHaRMS Working Papers 17-03, Centre for HeAlth Research at the Management School (CHaRMS).
- Price, Gregory N., 2013. "The allometry of metabolism and stature: Worker fatigue and height in the Tanzanian labor market," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 515-521.
- Rietveld, Cornelius A. & Hessels, Jolanda & van der Zwan, Peter, 2015. "The stature of the self-employed and its relation with earnings and satisfaction," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 59-74.
- Cornelius A. Rietveld & Jolanda Hessels & Peter van der Zwan, 2014. "The Stature of the Self-employed and its Premium," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-109/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Böckerman, Petri & Vainiomäki, Jari, 2013.
"Stature and life-time labor market outcomes: Accounting for unobserved differences,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 86-96.
- Bockerman, Petri & Vainiomäki, Jari, 2012. "Stature and life-time labor market outcomes: Accounting for unobserved differences," MPRA Paper 42220, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Böckerman, Petri & Vainiomäki, Jari, 2013. "Stature and Life-Time Labor Market Outcomes: Accounting for Unobserved Differences," IZA Discussion Papers 7424, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tao, Hung-Lin, 2014. "Height, weight, and entry earnings of female graduates in Taiwan," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 85-98.
- Dohmen, Thomas, 2014.
"Behavioral labor economics: Advances and future directions,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 71-85.
- Dohmen, Thomas, 2014. "Behavioural Labour Economics: Advances and Future Directions," IZA Discussion Papers 8263, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maria Laura Alzua & Juan Camilo Cardenas & Habiba Djebbari, 2014. "Community mobilization around social dilemmas: evidence from lab experiments in rural Mali," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0160, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Erik Grönqvist & Erik Lindqvist, 2016.
"The Making of a Manager: Evidence from Military Officer Training,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 869-898.
- Grönqvist, Erik & Lindqvist, Erik, 2015. "The making of a manager: evidence from military officer training," Working Paper Series 2015:7, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Grönqvist, Erik & Lindqvist, Erik, 2015. "The Making of a Manager: Evidence from Military Officer Training," Working Paper Series 1069, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Keloharju, Matti & Knüpfer, Samuli, 2014. "Are CEOs Born Leaders? Lessons from Traits of a Million Individuals," Working Paper Series 1024, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 16 Apr 2015.
- Frieder KropfhÃ¤uÃŸer, 2016. "A fresh look at the labor market height premium in Germany," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1376-1383.
- Limbach, Peter & Sonnenburg, Florian, 2014. "CEO fitness and firm value," CFR Working Papers 14-12 [rev.], University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:130:y:2018:i:2:p:392-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dechter, Evgenia Kogan, 2015. "Physical appearance and earnings, hair color matters," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 15-26.
- Böckerman, Petri & Johansson, Edvard & Kiiskinen, Urpo & Heliövaara, Markku, 2010. "The relationship between physical work and the height premium: Finnish evidence," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 414-420, December.
- Keluoharju, Matti & Knüpfer, Samuli & Tåg, Joacim, 2016. "What Prevents Female Executives from Reaching the Top?," Working Paper Series 1111, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 12 Mar 2018.
More about this item
KeywordsHeight; Beauty; Leadership; Discrimination;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2010-06-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2010-06-11 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:iuiwop:0835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisabeth Gustafsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iuiiise.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.