Estimating confidence regions over bounded domains
Estimating a density function over a bounded domain can be very complicated and resulting in an unsatisfactory or unrealistic density estimate. In many cases a one-to-one transformation can be applied to the considered data set, but there are also situations where such a unique transformation may not exist. This paper proposes a method to estimate confidence regions over bounded domains when a one-to-one transformation either does not exist or its existence is difficult to verify. By taking into account parameter restrictions of a underlying model, a nonlinear grid can be constructed, over which the density function can be estimated. The method is illustrated by applying it to the kurtosis/first-order autocorrelation of squared observations of the GARCH(1,1) model.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||28 Nov 2003|
|Publication status:||Published in Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 2005, pages 349-360.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: The Economic Research Institute, Stockholm School of Economics, P.O. Box 6501, 113 83 Stockholm, Sweden|
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Teräsvirta, Timo, 1996. "Two Stylized Facts and the Garch (1,1) Model," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 96, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Tim Ramsay, 2002. "Spline smoothing over difficult regions," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(2), pages 307-319.
- He, Changli & Terasvirta, Timo, 1999. "Properties of moments of a family of GARCH processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 173-192, September.
- He, Changli & Teräsvirta, Timo, 1997. "Properties of Moments of a Family of GARCH Processes," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 198, Stockholm School of Economics.