Siting the New Economic Science: The Cowles Commission’s Activity Analysis Conference of June 1949
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Boumans, 2012. "Observations in a Hostile Environment: Morgenstern on the Accuracy of Economic Observations," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 44(5), pages 114-136, Supplemen.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521772839, May.
- Mirowski,Philip, 2002. "Machine Dreams," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521775267, May.
- Backhouse,Roger E. & Fontaine,Philippe, 2010. "The History of the Social Sciences since 1945," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521889063, March.
- Guglielmo, Mark, 2008. "The Contribution of Economists to Military Intelligence During World War II," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(01), pages 109-150, March.
- F. M. Scherer, 2000. "The Emigration of German-Speaking Economists after 1933," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 614-626, September.
- Pedro Garcia Duarte & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2012. "Microfoundations Reconsidered," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14869.
More about this item
KeywordsCowles Commission; activity analysis; linear programming; general equilibrium theory; von Neumann; Koopmans; Dantzig; fixed point theorems;
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-06-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2013-06-16 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOG-2013-06-16 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hes:wpaper:0040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Sharp). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ehessea.html .