The Paradox of Championships: Be Careful What You Wish For, Sports Fans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor A. Matheson, 2005. "Contrary Evidence on the Economic Effect of the Super Bowl on the Victorious City," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 6(4), pages 420-428, November.
- Victor A. Matheson & Robert A. Baade, 2003. "Super Bowl or Super (Hyper)Bole? Assessing the Economic Impact of America's Premier Sports Event," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2002. "The Economic Impact of Postseason Play in Professional Sports," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(3), pages 291-299, August.
- Robert A. Baade & Victor A. Matheson, 2001. "Home Run or Wild Pitch?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 2(4), pages 307-327, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen & Thijs Vandemoortele, 2012. "Mega Events and Sports Institutional Development: The Impact of the World Cup on Football Academies in Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 19 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsimpact analysis; sports; mega-event; championship;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2005-02-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-02-13 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SPO-2005-02-13 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:0504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .