Local Interaction in Tax Evasion
We study a model of tax evasion, where a flat-rate tax only finances the provision of public goods. Deciding on reported income, each individual takes into account that the less he reports, the higher is his private consumption but the lower is his moral satisfaction. The latter depends on his own current report and average previous reports of his neighbors. Under quite general assumptions, the steady state reported income is symmetric and the process converges to the steady state.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1112 Budapest, Budaorsi ut 45.|
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zsombor Z. Meder & Andras Simonovits & Janos Vincze, 2012.
"Tax Morale and Tax Evasion: Social Preferences and Bounded Rationality,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
1203, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsombor Z. Méder & András Simonovits & János Vincze, 2012. "Tax Morale and Tax Evasion: Social Preferences and Bounded Rationality," Working Papers 1202, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Weck-Hanneman, Hannelore, 1984. "The hidden economy as an 'unobserved' variable," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-2), pages 33-53.
- Frey, Bruno S. & Torgler, Benno, 2006.
"Tax Morale and Conditional Cooperation,"
Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series
qt3rd3f982, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Bruno S. Frey & Benno Torgler, 2006. "Tax Morale and Conditional Cooperation," IEW - Working Papers 286, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Benno Torgler, 2006. "Tax Morale and Conditional Cooperation," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-11, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Andras Simonovits, 2010. "Tax Morality and Progressive Wage Tax," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1005, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.