Firm's Network versus Board Members' Network: Who to Appoint?
A crucial question at the center of corporate governance theories and of the literature on social networks alike is the sense of empower of prestige, or influence on the actors of a social network. This paper approaches the possibility of measuring this influence by detecting key individuals who support network dynamics. By means of a study conducted on a sample of CAC 40 directors, it will be shown that the most influential elements are not necessarily the best placed at the beginning. Contrary to all expectations, a dynamics of influence is based on criteria of indispensability to the network that will be presented as an example.
|Date of creation:||13 Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00829905|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2007. "Meeting Strangers and Friends of Friends: How Random Are Social Networks?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 890-915, June.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2003. "Le point sur... les réseaux d'administrateurs et de dirigeants," Working Papers CREGO 1030801, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-89, May.
- Laurence Godard & Alain Schatt, 2004. "Les déterminants de la "qualité" des conseils d'administration français," Working Papers CREGO 1040603, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Deng, Ke & Zhao, Heping & Li, Dejun, 2007. "Effect of node deleting on network structure," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(2), pages 714-726.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00829905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.