Firm's Network versus Board Members' Network: Who to Appoint?
A crucial question at the center of corporate governance theories and of the literature on social networks alike is the sense of empower of prestige, or influence on the actors of a social network. This paper approaches the possibility of measuring this influence by detecting key individuals who support network dynamics. By means of a study conducted on a sample of CAC 40 directors, it will be shown that the most influential elements are not necessarily the best placed at the beginning. Contrary to all expectations, a dynamics of influence is based on criteria of indispensability to the network that will be presented as an example.
|Date of creation:||13 Mar 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00829905|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Corporate Governance: Some Theory and Implications," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(430), pages 678-89, May.
- Deng, Ke & Zhao, Heping & Li, Dejun, 2007. "Effect of node deleting on network structure," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 379(2), pages 714-726.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2003. "Le point sur... les réseaux d'administrateurs et de dirigeants," Working Papers CREGO 1030801, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Laurence Godard & Alain Schatt, 2004.
"Les déterminants de la "qualité" des conseils d'administration français,"
Working Papers CREGO
1040603, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Laurence Godard & Alain Schatt, 2005. "Les déterminants de la « qualité » des conseils d'administration français," Post-Print halshs-00008411, HAL.
- Laurence Godard & Alain Schatt, 2005. "Les déterminants de la qualité des conseils d'administration français," Post-Print hal-00440111, HAL.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2007. "Meeting Strangers and Friends of Friends: How Random Are Social Networks?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 890-915, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00829905. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.