Approximate hedging problem with transaction costs in stochastic volatility markets
This paper investigates the problem of hedging European call options using Leland's strategy in stochastic volatility markets with transaction costs. Introducing a new form for the enlarged volatility in Leland's algorithm, we establish a limit theorem and determine a convergence rate for the hedging error. This provides a suggestion to release the underhedging property pointed out by Kabanov and Safarian (1997). Possibilities to improve the convergence rate and lower the option price inclusive transaction costs are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00808608|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel & Kabanov, Yuri, 2010.
"Mean square error for the Leland-Lott hedging strategy: convex pay-offs,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4654, Paris Dauphine University.
- Emmanuel Denis & Yuri Kabanov, 2010. "Mean square error for the Leland–Lott hedging strategy: convex pay-offs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 625-667, December.
- Lépinette-Denis, Emmanuel, 2009. "Leland's Approximations for Concave Pay-Off Functions," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9304, Paris Dauphine University.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Michal Barski, 2010. "Quantile hedging for multiple assets derivatives," Papers 1010.5810, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2011.
- Hayne E. Leland., 1984.
"Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs,"
Research Program in Finance Working Papers
144, University of California at Berkeley.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1985. " Option Pricing and Replication with Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1283-1301, December.
- Yuri M. Kabanov & (*), Mher M. Safarian, 1997.
"On Leland's strategy of option pricing with transactions costs,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 239-250.
- Y. M. Kabanov & M. Safarian, 1995. "On Leland's Strategy of Option Pricing with Transaction Costs," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,65, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- Peter Grandits & Werner Schachinger, 2001. "Leland's Approach to Option Pricing: The Evolution of a Discontinuity," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 347-355.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-43.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-00808608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.