Interventionnisme public et développement économique des collectivités d'outre-mer françaises du Pacifique Sud
Small island economies have been experiencing structural difficulties of competitiveness associated with their own characteristics. In order to cope with this situation, the political authorities of New Caledonia and French Polynesia have resorted to active economic policies that can be listed into three categories: investment aids, protection of local production, and direct intervention in the production of goods and services. So far, in terms of improving the competitiveness of these overseas economies, results of these interventions have provided mixed feelings. However, the development of this intervention led to build and/or strengthen economic systems that create many side effects on competition and contestability of market positions, general price level and the consideration of the general interest at the expense of sectorial, private or individual interests.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Revue Juridique Economique et Politique de Nouvelle-Calédonie, Revue juridique, politique et économique de Nouvelle-Calédonie, 2013, 22, pp.42-52|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00918167|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer, 2010.
"Regulation and Distrust,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(3), pages 1015-1049.
- Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer, 2009. "Regulation and Distrust," Working Papers hal-00972819, HAL.
- Aghion, Philippe & Algan, Yann & Cahuc, Pierre & Shleifer, Andrei, 2010. "Regulation and Distrust," Scholarly Articles 12490649, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer, 2010. "Regulation and Distrust," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4km7l02j139, Sciences Po.
- Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer & Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan, 2009. "Regulation and Distrust," Sciences Po publications 14648, Sciences Po.
- Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer, 2009. "Regulation and Distrust," Working Papers hal-00396268, HAL.
- Philippe Aghion & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Andrei Shleifer, 2009. "Regulation and Distrust," NBER Working Papers 14648, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Florent Venayre & Christian Montet, 2013. "La concurrence à Tahiti : Une utopie ?," Post-Print halshs-00918171, HAL.
- Mickaël Fidèle & Florent Venayre, 2011. "Statuts et structure de la sphère publique en Polynésie française," Post-Print halshs-00645340, HAL.
- Alan Winters, L. & Martins, Pedro M. G., 2004. "When comparative advantage is not enough: business costs in small remote economies," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(03), pages 347-383, November.
- Florent Venayre, 2009. "L'emploi en Polynésie française : situation actuelle et difficultés d'interprétation," Post-Print halshs-00645556, HAL.
- Guglielmo Barone & Federico Cingano, 2011. "Service Regulation and Growth: Evidence from OECD Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(555), pages 931-957, 09.
- Guglielmo Barone & Federico Cingano, 2008. "Service regulation and growth: evidence from OECD countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 675, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gerben Panne, 2004. "Agglomeration externalities: Marshall versus Jacobs," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 593-604, December.
- Florent Venayre, 2011. "Les lacunes du transfert de la compétence économique à la Polynésie française," Post-Print halshs-00652154, HAL. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00918167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.