Politique de la concurrence dans les petits pays insulaires : Le rapport pour le Forum du Pacifique
A Report for the Forum of Pacific Countries (2010), called " A Model Regulatory and Policy Framework for Forum Island Countries ", presents a roadmap for a new competition and regulatory policy suited to the island countries of the region. There is a lot to be learned from this document for the French territories of the Pacific region. The present article stresses the seriousness and the complete coverage of the issues in the proposed plan of reform. The major points are highlighted in the perspective of their application in the case of French Polynesia, especially the necessity of implementing the three pillars of antitrust laws, the absolute need of an independent agency to enforce the rules, and finally the impossibility of obtaining a good outcome without a more general move towards a removal of protectionist barriers and archaic price control and regulation.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Comparative Law Journal of the Pacific - Journal de Droit Comparé du Pacifique, 2012, 18, pp.27-47|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00722665|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bertrand Bellon, 1993. "Cent ans de politique antitrust aux États-Unis," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(1), pages 10-24.
- Patrice Bougette & Christian Montet, 2005. "Doutes sur les remèdes non structurels dans le contrôle des concentrations," Post-Print halshs-00463979, HAL.
- Xavier A. De Mello, 1993. "Libre jeu de la concurrence ou libre gestion des entreprises ?," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 63(1), pages 102-124.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00177629 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierre Cahuc & Francis Kramarz & André Zylberberg, 2006. "Les ennemis de la concurrence et de l'emploi," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00256201, HAL.
- Michael Wise, 2006. "Competition Law and Policy in France," OECD Journal: Competition Law and Policy, OECD Publishing, vol. 7(1), pages 7-81.
- Tamatoa Bambridge & Florent Venayre & Julien Vucher-Visin, 2010. "La gouvernance du système économique polynésien en question - Comment protection et absence de concurrence obèrent la croissance," Post-Print halshs-00722690, HAL.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00256201 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Encaoua & Roger Guesnerie, 2006. "Politiques de la Concurrence," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00177629, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00722665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.