The hero figure in Business and Cinema
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Edwards Deming, 2000. "Out of the Crisis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262541157.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Bosses as robber barons
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2012-06-12 18:03:09
- The rhetoric of inequality
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-10-24 18:19:07
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-12-31 19:45:07
- The myth of perfectibility
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2014-01-23 20:29:44
- Who bears risk?
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-01-04 18:55:56
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-02-04 19:25:11
- Legitimating bosses
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-05-26 18:37:47
- Inverting the rhetoric of inequality
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2015-08-16 16:45:10
- The rich as heroes
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2017-11-26 19:44:39
- On capitalist hegemony
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2018-01-18 13:42:54
- Risk in capitalism
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2020-04-24 13:01:30
- Capital's political power
by chris in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2021-04-29 12:56:31
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stéphanie Camaréna, 2021. "Engaging with Artificial Intelligence (AI) with a Bottom-Up Approach for the Purpose of Sustainability: Victorian Farmers Market Association, Melbourne Australia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(16), pages 1-28, August.
- Iskra Panteleeva, 2013. "Changing roles and behaviour of human resources managers in the industrial businesses," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 82-96.
- Cam Caldwell & Rolf Dixon & Larry Floyd & Joe Chaudoin & Jonathan Post & Gaynor Cheokas, 2012. "Transformative Leadership: Achieving Unparalleled Excellence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 175-187, August.
- Bossink, B.A.G., 2003. "Coinnovation research : manual for experiential research into organizational coinnovation," Serie Research Memoranda 0016, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Cam Caldwell & Mark McConkie & Bryan Licona, 2014. "Simon Peter and Transformative Leadership: Leadership Insights for Today¡¯s Leaders," Journal of Management and Strategy, Journal of Management and Strategy, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(1), pages 18-32, February.
- T.A. Salimova & V.I. Makolov, 2016. "Unused Potential of Quality Management Systems of the Russian Companies: an Empirical Study," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3A), pages 150-166.
- Askeland, Tore & Flage, Roger & Aven, Terje, 2017. "Moving beyond probabilities â€“ Strength of knowledge characterisations applied to security," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 196-205.
- Reményi, Christoph & Staudacher, Stephan, 2014. "Systematic simulation based approach for the identification and implementation of a scheduling rule in the aircraft engine maintenance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(PA), pages 94-107.
- Cam Caldwell & Larry Floyd & Ryan Atkins & Russell Holzgrefe, 2012. "Ethical Duties of Organizational Citizens: Obligations Owed by Highly Committed Employees," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(3), pages 285-299, October.
- Kathryn Bowler & Pavel Castka & Michaela Balzarova, 2017. "Understanding Firms’ Approaches to Voluntary Certification: Evidence from Multiple Case Studies in FSC Certification," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(2), pages 441-456, October.
- Akin, Becci A. & Bryson, Stephanie A. & Testa, Mark F. & Blase, Karen A. & McDonald, Tom & Melz, Heidi, 2013. "Usability testing, initial implementation, and formative evaluation of an evidence-based intervention: Lessons from a demonstration project to reduce long-term foster care," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 19-30.
- Iskra Panteleeva, 2014. "On the roles of the human resources' managers in industrial business organizations," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 80-94.
- Schalock, Robert L. & Lee, Tim & Verdugo, Miguel & Swart, Kees & Claes, Claudia & van Loon, Jos & Lee, Chun-Shin, 2014. "An evidence-based approach to organization evaluation and change in human service organizations evaluation and program planning," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 110-118.
- Waring, Justin J. & Bishop, Simon, 2010. "Lean healthcare: Rhetoric, ritual and resistance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(7), pages 1332-1340, October.
- Matthew Pepper & Andrew Sense, 2014. "Local government service systems improvement: exposing the social networks," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 18(3), pages 873-890, August.
- Gawlik, Remigiusz, 2008. "Managing Innovativeness in International Enterprises," MPRA Paper 45349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hazen, Benjamin T. & Boone, Christopher A. & Ezell, Jeremy D. & Jones-Farmer, L. Allison, 2014. "Data quality for data science, predictive analytics, and big data in supply chain management: An introduction to the problem and suggestions for research and applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 72-80.
- Colgan, Conor & Adam, George & Topolansky, Federico, 2013. "Why Try Lean? A Northumbrian Farm Case Study," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 2(3), pages 1-12, April.
- Irina Santiago-Brown & Andrew Metcalfe & Cate Jerram & Cassandra Collins, 2014. "Transnational Comparison of Sustainability Assessment Programs for Viticulture and a Case-Study on Programs’ Engagement Processes," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-36, April.
- Aven, Terje, 2014. "On the meaning of the special-cause variation concept used in the quality discourse â€“ And its link to unforeseen and surprising events in risk management," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 81-86.
More about this item
Keywordsactor; role; emotion; creativity; innovation; conflict; negociation; heroism; interiority; mission; artist; knighthood;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2012-06-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00700131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.