Une étude de la crédibilité des informations sociétales face à différentes options de reddition des comptes
Some doubt are casted about the credibility of corporate sustainability information. Using social and environmental ratings as proxy of social reputation and performance, several factors of disclosure are studied. Empirical results show that audits of social reports based on the GRI standard or the use of an integrated reporting do not always signal a higher level of social performance. But when companies use the GRI standard, they get higher social and environmental ratings. Those are even higher when companies are fully compliant with the GRI. Some parameters of the way companies communicate can then reveal and signal a higher social performance.
|Date of creation:||10 May 2011|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités, économie et société, May 2011, Montpellier, France. pp.cd-rom, 2011|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00650589|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Clarkson, Peter M. & Li, Yue & Richardson, Gordon D. & Vasvari, Florin P., 2008. "Revisiting the relation between environmental performance and environmental disclosure: An empirical analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 303-327.
- Barbara Bartkus & Myron Glassman, 2008. "Do Firms Practice What They Preach? The Relationship Between Mission Statements and Stakeholder Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 207-216, December.
- Neu, D. & Warsame, H. & Pedwell, K., 1998. "Managing public impressions: environmental disclosures in annual reports," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 265-282, April.
- Naoufel Mzoughi & Gilles Grolleau & Céline Thévenot & Nicolas Riedinger, 2008. "La norme ISO 14001 est-elle efficace ? Une étude économétrique sur l'industrie française," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 411(1), pages 3-19.
- Freedman, Martin & Jaggi, Bikki, 1982. "Pollution disclosures, pollution performance and economic performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 167-176.
- Cooper, Stuart M. & Owen, David L., 2007. "Corporate social reporting and stakeholder accountability: The missing link," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 649-667.
- Darrell, W. & Schwartz, Bill N., 1997. "Environmental disclosures and public policy pressure," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 125-154.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00650589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.