High frequency correlation modelling
Many statistical arbitrage strategies, such as pair trading or basket trading, are based on several assets. Optimal execution routines should also take into account correlation between stocks when proceeding clients orders. However, not so much effort has been devoted to correlation modelling and only few empirical results are known about high frequency correlation. We develop a theoretical framework based on correlated point processes in order to capture the Epps effect in section 1. We show in section 2 that this model converges to correlated Brownian motions when moving to large time scales. A way of introducing non-Gaussian correlations is also discussed in section 2. We conclude by addressing the limits of this model and further research on high frequency correlation.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in F. Abergel, B. Chakrabarti, A. Chakraborti, M. Mitra. 5th Kolkata Econophysics conference, Mar 2010, Kolkata, India. Springer, Econophysics of order-driven markets, p 189-202, 2011, New economic window|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00621244|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bence Toth & Janos Kertesz, 2009. "The Epps effect revisited," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(7), pages 793-802.
- Ovidiu V. Precup & Giulia Iori, 2007.
"Cross-correlation Measures in the High-frequency Domain,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 319-331.
- Precup, O. V. & Iori, G., 2005. "Cross-correlation measures in the high-frequency domain," Working Papers 05/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Tóth, Bence & Kertész, János, 2007. "On the origin of the Epps effect," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 383(1), pages 54-58.
- Bence Toth & Janos Kertesz, 2007. "On the origin of the Epps effect," Papers physics/0701110, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2007. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00621244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.