New approximations in local volatility models
For general time-dependent local volatility models, we propose new approximation formulas for the price of call options. This extends previous results of [BGM10b] where stochastic expansions combined with Malliavin calculus were performed to obtain approximation formulas based on the local volatility At The Money. Here, we derive alternative expansions involving the local volatility at strike. Averaging both expansions give even more accurate results. Approximations of the implied volatility are provided as well.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Y. Kabanov and M. Rutkowski and T. Zariphopoulou. Inspired by Finance. The Musiela Festschrift, Springer, pp.305--330, 2013|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00523369|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Benhamou & Emmanuel Gobet & Mohammed Miri, 9/09. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusion," Post-Print hal-00200395, HAL.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2010. "Expansion Formulas For European Options In A Local Volatility Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 13(04), pages 603-634.
- Schroder, Mark Douglas, 1989. " Computing the Constant Elasticity of Variance Option Pricing Formula," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 211-19, March.
- E. Benhamou & E. Gobet & M. Miri, 2009. "Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 563-589, September.
- Roger W. Lee, 2004. "The Moment Formula For Implied Volatility At Extreme Strikes," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 469-480.
- Vladimir Piterbarg, 2005. "Stochastic Volatility Model with Time-dependent Skew," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 147-185.
- Eric Benhamou & Emmanuel Gobet & Mohammed Miri, 0/06. "Expansion formulas for European options in a local volatility model," Post-Print hal-00325939, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00523369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.