Robustness analysis and convergence of empirical finite-time ruin probabilities and estimation risk solvency margin
We consider the classical risk model and carry out a sensitivity and robustness analysis of finite-time ruin probabilities. We provide algorithms to compute the related influence functions. We also prove the weak convergence of a sequence of empirical finite-time ruin probabilities starting from zero initial reserve toward a Gaussian random variable. We define the concepts of reliable finite-time ruin probability as a Value-at-Risk of the estimator of the finite-time ruin probability. To control this robust risk measure, an additional initial reserve is needed and called Estimation Risk Solvency Margin (ERSM). We apply our results to show how portfolio experience could be rewarded by cut-offs in solvency capital requirements. An application to catastrophe contamination and numerical examples are also developed.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Insurance Mathematics and Economics, 2008, 42, 2, 746-762|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00168714/en/|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marceau, Etienne & Rioux, Jacques, 2001. "On robustness in risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 167-185, October.
- Ignatov, Zvetan G. & Kaishev, Vladimir K. & Krachunov, Rossen S., 2001. "An improved finite-time ruin probability formula and its Mathematica implementation," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 375-386, December.
- Croux, Kristof & Veraverbeke, Noel, 1990. "Nonparametric estimators for the probability of ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2-3), pages 127-130, September.
- Rulliere, Didier & Loisel, Stephane, 2004. "Another look at the Picard-Lefevre formula for finite-time ruin probabilities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 187-203, October.
- Mazza, Christian & Rulliere, Didier, 2004. "A link between wave governed random motions and ruin processes," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 205-222, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00168714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.