Growth, inequality, and party support: Valence and positional economic voting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dassonneville, Ruth & Lewis-Beck, Michael S., 2013. "Economic Policy Voting and Incumbency: Unemployment in Western Europe," Political Science Research and Methods, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 53-66, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:634-647_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:69:y:1975:i:04:p:1240-1254_24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Lewis-Beck & Mary Stegmaier, 2013. "The VP-function revisited: a survey of the literature on vote and popularity functions after over 40 years," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 367-385, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:108:y:2014:i:04:p:870-885_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:88:y:1994:i:04:p:903-910_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:socsci:v:97:y:2016:i:5:p:1267-1281 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lewis-Beck, Michael S. & Nadeau, Richard & Foucault, Martial, 2013. "The Compleat Economic Voter: New Theory and British Evidence," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 241-261, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:57:y:1963:i:02:p:368-377_24 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic voting; growth; inequality; valence; positional economic voting; social welfare spending.;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2018-03-12 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2018-03-12 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gov:wpaper:1804. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sanchez-Fernandez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geviges.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.